Who can I find tunes from?

GMPX
August 6th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Try the Diesel Place tune library.

Cheers,
Ross

Sparky8370
August 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I don't think there are a lot of people left there with much to offer. We need to start getting these libraries built up on the other sites.

Trippin
August 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM
What do you want to do?

Nor-Cal Nick
August 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Try the Diesel Place tune library.

Cheers,
Ross

Yea I looked but didn't see any for a LMM 6speed.

I pulled the tunes off Duramaxtuner.com but those are not for a LMM either. My truck would not take them.

Nor-Cal Nick
August 6th, 2008, 03:00 PM
What do you want to do?

I am running a 400hp tune but I need to tune the tranny still. I didn't know that I needed a ECM and TCM to tune both:doh2:

LBZRCKS
August 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I am running a 400hp tune but I need to tune the tranny still. I didn't know that I needed a ECM and TCM to tune both:doh2:

Do you just want to raise the shift points or something?

Nor-Cal Nick
August 8th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Do you just want to raise the shift points or something?

Not sure what even can be done. As you know I tow my 18k toy hauler and there has been alot of talk on DP about my mpg while pulling, when I had the PPE I was doing the best yet but now with EFI I had not noticed that I was still running stock tranny tunes and I feel I am loosing in mpg because of that. Since I am not a "Tuner" I thought by finding a TCM tune I could try it and then tweak it to fit me the best but I don't want to just start from scratch.

Of course on the bigger HP tunes I need my tranny to not feel like it's getting raped:bad:

I was going to post on DP about my question but then thought that here would be better because the more involved EFI users I see over here:)
Since I posted over here I had a 2 member that I have seen on DP help me out and I will try them today.

Thanks guys !!!

LBZRCKS
August 9th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Not sure what even can be done. As you know I tow my 18k toy hauler and there has been alot of talk on DP about my mpg while pulling, when I had the PPE I was doing the best yet but now with EFI I had not noticed that I was still running stock tranny tunes and I feel I am loosing in mpg because of that. Since I am not a "Tuner" I thought by finding a TCM tune I could try it and then tweak it to fit me the best but I don't want to just start from scratch.

Of course on the bigger HP tunes I need my tranny to not feel like it's getting raped:bad:

I was going to post on DP about my question but then thought that here would be better because the more involved EFI users I see over here:)
Since I posted over here I had a 2 member that I have seen on DP help me out and I will try them today.

Thanks guys !!!

Well the PPE tuner doesn't make any changes in you TCM, it only flashes your ECM. I would make changes to your ECM tune that you currently have to get better mileage.

For the bigger HP tunes there isn't much you can do to help save you trans, the best thing would be raise the shift points to try and help since our trannies seem to like higher shift points with lower torque.

From what I have heard the main thing that people do to there TCM's to try and improve mileage is lower the shift points and try and keep there rpms lower.

Nor-Cal Nick
August 9th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Well the PPE tuner doesn't make any changes in you TCM, it only flashes your ECM. I would make changes to your ECM tune that you currently have to get better mileage.

For the bigger HP tunes there isn't much you can do to help save you trans, the best thing would be raise the shift points to try and help since our trannies seem to like higher shift points with lower torque.

From what I have heard the main thing that people do to there TCM's to try and improve mileage is lower the shift points and try and keep there rpms lower.

OK, I thought that PPE did a couple TCM changes:doh2: Yea, I'm not so much trying to save the trans more less it just seemed like for the tune the shifting was way off.

So I loaded a tranny file that one guy sent me and a big tune. Put about 70miles on it yesterday and man what a difference. Trans doesn't act all weird. I still have 2 other TCM tunes to try but already better. The tranny tune is not for towing so I still need to get with someone that can help me on that.

8100 Power
September 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Theres a few on DieselHaulin. We're starting to get the library built up well..

The Neens
September 30th, 2008, 06:23 PM
So I loaded a tranny file that one guy sent me and a big tune.

Have you tried that TCM tune with your current ECM tune? Most of the time bad shifting is caused by ECM tuning...We tow 10,000 lbs with the '02 (stock '01 TCM tune) and my '07 (raised WOT shift points and raised torque limiting) with 480+ rwhp tunes and they shift great...

Put about 70miles on it yesterday and man what a difference. Trans doesn't act all weird. I still have 2 other TCM tunes to try but already better. The tranny tune is not for towing so I still need to get with someone that can help me on that.

I've never tried a TCM tune purposely geared towards towing, but you can always use the tap-shift for different results...

bdr2008
November 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I just got my efi a few days ago from Nick at duramax tuner. He is sending me a trans tune. I asked hime to play with the shift times a bit and told him that I could deal with the shift points. I am not a tuner in any way but am slowly learning. Seems like a lot of trial an eror to me. I liked the wrench days better but they are gone. I will let you know about the tune wish me luck cause I can't afford a new trans. either..