PDA

View Full Version : rpm signal for window switch.

5.7ute
August 6th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Guys,
I have finally recieved my FJO progressive controller for my nitrous system. Where have you guys found the best spot to tap into an RPM signal to run the controller from? Or does anyone know the tach output pin number on the ecm.
Car is an 03 vy commodore.
Thanks in advance, MICK

COMP
August 24th, 2008, 01:44 AM
did you find out any info ?

Black02SS
August 24th, 2008, 02:51 AM
On a Gen III it is the #10 White wire on the PCM connector on a F-Body. Not sure if it would be the same.

5.7ute
August 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM
On a Gen III it is the #10 White wire on the PCM connector on a F-Body. Not sure if it would be the same.

Thanks mate I will check that out.
What I have found is a lot of people use a coil wire for the signal. I had put this on the backburner while I sorted a few things in the suspension. That is now doe so I will get this sorted by the weekend.
Cheers Mick

jfclubby
November 5th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Hi Mick, what did you come up with for the tach signal for the controller? Im in the process of setting up a duel fogger into my alloy OTR and needing to wire in my rpm window switch. Did you look into the #10 white wire on the pcm?:cheers:

Regards James

5.7ute
November 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry for the late reply James as I have been indisposed. What I ended up using was a coil wire for the input on my FJO controller. It just ended up being easier at the time & works quite well.
Now to work out how to get 530rwhp on the gas to hook up on 26x8" slicks. :rockon:
Cheers Mick

jfclubby
November 9th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, GOOD LUCK!!!!! Thats pretty healthy RWHP there Mick what HP shot are you spraying? Is it wet or dry kit?
I can't wait to get mine going. I'll end up using the coil wire aswell, Been busy but now have some free time to get it sorted:rockon:

Regards James.

5.7ute
November 10th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I am running a wet 100 shot at the moment until I can lash out on some bigger injectors.
The 150 shot which gives me the 530rwhp I will be trying out on the track this Saturday. Unfortunately our new track doesnt have a whole lot of grip for me yet. I am hoping that the progressive controller will tame the hit enough to prevent me smoking the tyres off the line & in the 2nd & 3rd gear shifts. Otherwise I will go two a 2 stage set up once the bigger injectors are in.
Let us know how you go. From your NA rwhp I would say you will be right up there as well.

jfclubby
November 10th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Hi Mick, Thats one of the reasons why im going duel fogger so I can have one fogger spraying a mild 25hp shot early and then belt it with the second shot of 75hp at 3000rpm. Hopefully it will bring the power on a little friendlier and save the drive line a little as well. Most probibly be shit'in myself all the way to the finish line but the rush is half the fun:rockon:

I'll let you know how she goes:grin:

Regards James.

5.7ute
November 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Hi James. Will you be running slicks or drag radials? Slicks have definately saved my driveline as I have done numerous clutch dumps north of 5000rpm with no issues to date.
This is a completely stock trans & driveline with 3.9's in a shimmed standard diff.
I reckon it wont be long either before you up the shot size. 100hp is definately getting boring & the drive home is even worse.

jfclubby
November 11th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Hi Mick, I'll probably run drag radials being it's a built auto with a near bullet proof diff(KAAZ). You would know what it's like Mick, you never have enough power and it's never fast enough, SO YES I"LL END UP SPRAYING MORE:grin:

As long as the BLUE OVAL is a mile behind me all is good:hihi:

I will let you know of my progress Mick:cheers:

Regards James