PDA

View Full Version : Where are we with serial WB???

Redline Motorsports
August 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Where are we with the whole serial WB topic? Seems like a few on the inside are making it work. Is there a tutorial to set it up? From what I understand it seems like quite a few steps to get it to work.

Where are we?

Howard

vxleather
August 11th, 2008, 03:06 PM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8693

TFZ_Z06
August 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Hey, I've got the LC1 serial working real nice. If that is what your using, I can give you detailed instructs.

thunder550
August 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I got the PLX working.

vxleather
August 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I got the PLX working.

can you please tell me what version of Boot Block and firmware you running ???

thunder550
August 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Boot block 2.5.08 Apr 25, 2008
Firmware 2.5.17 May 6, 2008

vxleather
August 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
what everyou do do not up grade to the latest version it dont work...

TAQuickness
August 11th, 2008, 09:44 PM
The BBL software update is here (http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx)

I'm working on the pre-made cable inventory here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8741). Cables will include step-by-step instructions for plugging in the cable and configuring V2 for serial wB

Goldfinger911
August 12th, 2008, 02:00 AM
The latest versions of the v7.5/v8.1 software with the latest V2 Bootblock and Firmware work together fine for BBL along with serial WB data. There arent too many steps to make it work. Plug in a serial cable for your WB controller (I made mine in 15 min), plug it in, change the V2's settings menu to log serial data (COM in and COM out), choose your controller type, press OK, start logging. My LC1 works great.

v7.5.4 Build 66
v8.1.1 Build 34
V2 Bootblock 2.5.08
V2 Firmware 2.5.20

what everyou do do not up grade to the latest version it dont work...

vxleather
August 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
The latest versions of the v7.5/v8.1 software with the latest V2 Bootblock and Firmware work together fine for BBL along with serial WB data. There arent too many steps to make it work. Plug in a serial cable for your WB controller (I made mine in 15 min), plug it in, change the V2's settings menu to log serial data (COM in and COM out), choose your controller type, press OK, start logging. My LC1 works great.

v7.5.4 Build 66
v8.1.1 Build 34
V2 Bootblock 2.5.08
V2 Firmware 2.5.20

Looks like it has to be either the way plx is sending the info, or the way I have wired it up... Used a V2 that was prevouisly spiking and now fixed still spikes with mine... so it must be the wiring or the info being sent...

the hunt goes on... Still dosnt explain why it works perfectly in Pass threw using iether Serail or Analog and BBL Analog but not in BBl serial..

thunder550
August 12th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Looks like it has to be either the way plx is sending the info, or the way I have wired it up... Used a V2 that was prevouisly spiking and now fixed still spikes with mine... so it must be the wiring or the info being sent...

the hunt goes on... Still dosnt explain why it works perfectly in Pass threw using iether Serail or Analog and BBL Analog but not in BBl serial..

Did you look at my last post in this thread?
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7726

vxleather
August 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah thanks thunder, mine is the same as your bar i pulled power directly from the main chip...

Once again though...Still dosnt explain why it works perfectly in Pass threw using iether Serail or Analog and BBL Analog but not in BBl serial..

Goldfinger911
August 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I wired mine just as Blacky describes here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=65517&postcount=10

vxleather
August 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
that is for a Lc-1 isn't it???

Anyonce again... If it is the wiring why does it work in Pass threw

Still dosnt explain why it works perfectly in Pass threw using iether Serail or Analog and BBL Analog but not in BBl serial..

Okay i am not the most technicaly minded when it comes to electronics, Maybe i havnt ticked all the boxes somewhere.. Do you guys see what i am trying to say... If it is the wiring why does it work in pass threw etc etc... the problem only show when bbl loging using the serial imput..

Goldfinger911
August 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Yes it is. Read down in Blacky's post.

---cut---
RJ12 pin 5 goes to phono base
RJ12 pin 2 goes to phono middle
RJ12 pin 1 goes to phono tip
---cut---

Do you have the terminator plug in the other input on the LC-1? Also, you need to have both Com-IN and Com-OUT set to Wideband O2 in the V2 menus.

Aside from that, I dont know what to tell you. Mine worked the first time I made the cable and plugged it in. Reply if you want with all the settings you have chosen in your V2 settings menu. Maybe there is something that is not quite right.

Still dosnt explain why it works perfectly in Pass threw using iether Serail or Analog and BBL Analog but not in BBl serial..

Okay i am not the most technicaly minded when it comes to electronics, Maybe i havnt ticked all the boxes somewhere.. Do you guys see what i am trying to say... If it is the wiring why does it work in pass threw etc etc... the problem only show when bbl loging using the serial imput..

thunder550
August 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Do you have the terminator plug in the other input on the LC-1?

He's using a PLX, not an LC-1. I think that's where the confusion is coming from.

TFZ_Z06
August 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Okay i am not the most technicaly minded when it comes to electronics, ? Maybe i havnt ticked all the boxes somewhere.. Do you guys see what i am trying to say... If it is the wiring why does it work in pass threw etc etc... the problem only show when bbl loging using the serial imput..

I have logged it with BBL Serial and Analog, no issues.
Just a few thoughts to help:

-The serial line uses Channel 1 of the LC1. Is Channel 1 programmed w/ proper voltages/AFRs? I know you said it works with Analog, but both wires?

-Are you using -, WO2AFR1 or W02AFR1 in your options.ini w/BBL?

-Is FlashScan set to Innovate in the settings option? Don't do what I did, accidentally hit enter and end up on Innovate(2) instead of Innovate(1).

-Do both Analog wires give the same output?

- When in BBL mode and you flip the key on, do you get the Free Air
display?

TAQuickness
August 12th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Let's bring this one back on topic. The spiking AFR thread is here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8693)

TFZ_Z06
August 12th, 2008, 08:28 PM

If you don't mind, post up your options.ini.

thunder550
August 13th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I have logged it with BBL Serial and Analog, no issues.
Just a few thoughts to help:

-The serial line uses Channel 1 of the LC1. Is Channel 1 programmed w/ proper voltages/AFRs? I know you said it works with Analog, but both wires?

-Are you using -, WO2AFR1 or W02AFR1 in your options.ini w/BBL?

-Is FlashScan set to Innovate in the settings option? Don't do what I did, accidentally hit enter and end up on Innovate(2) instead of Innovate(1).

-Do both Analog wires give the same output?

- When in BBL mode and you flip the key on, do you get the Free Air
display?

Again, he's using a PLX, not an LC-1

TFZ_Z06
August 13th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Again, he's using a PLX, not an LC-1

The options.ini should be the same for an PLX as anything else or did I miss something...

Redline Motorsports
August 13th, 2008, 04:50 AM
OK....................so..............

Has anyone been able to compile a tutorial or at least a rough draft of steps needed to get this to work? I don't really have a lot of time to "experiment".

Why does setting this up require so many steps?

There should be a macro that sets up all the V2 setups and plug it in and go..............

Howard

TAQuickness
August 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Howard,
Send/PM me your email address. I have an LM-2 specific write up that covers the steps required to enable serial logging. It's very simple.

joecar
August 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
TA, post it and make it sticky... there will be many people asking how to do this.