PDA

View Full Version : Dash error codes while logging

alian
August 16th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Guys, Yesterday I uppdated my tune while setting my vve table and started logging last night.whent 4 a drive. stopped for 2 hours and then drove home. On the home trip Car dashboard lit up like a Christmass tree:shock: while driving. Some of the error codes/lights/alarms I saw were Engine service, Drive Train.I moved the V2 a little(sitting loose on the console) while driving and they stopped flashing. Has this ever happened to anyone before and can a loose fitting do this to the vehicle while connected.
Many Thanks Ian

swingtan
August 16th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I saw this a few time with the E38 in early versions of BBL. It always coincided with the V2 unit resetting or locking up, but they were very early versions. In the latter versions, I have only seen it happen once and again, it was when the V2 unit was reset while connected to a running vehicle. Any chance that you noted where in the log the error codes were thrown? Is there anything in the log to indicate a problem?

Simon

alian
August 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I saw this a few time with the E38 in early versions of BBL. It always coincided with the V2 unit resetting or locking up, but they were very early versions. In the latter versions, I have only seen it happen once and again, it was when the V2 unit was reset while connected to a running vehicle. Any chance that you noted where in the log the error codes were thrown? Is there anything in the log to indicate a problem?

Simon

I cant find anything that looks out of the ordinary in the logg to suggest a hick up, but it hasnt happened since. Thanks simon 4 the reply. Ian