PDA

View Full Version : Popping on overrun

caver
August 25th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Heres the situation.
2005 ute, Short headers and dual 76mm exhaust no cats,K&N filter.

On overrun as injectors kick back in around 1500rpm some backfiring takes place in the exhaust.

Any body had this, any ideas on how to get rid of it?

wait4me
August 26th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Is your Airpump on when this is happening? Unplug it and see if the poping goes away?

joecar
August 26th, 2005, 07:19 AM
"Overrun" as in deceleration with closed throttle..., is that what you mean...?

Backfiring into exhaust on deceleration may be due to grossly retarded spark timing.

SSbaby
August 31st, 2005, 05:29 PM
I had my car popping after I had an exhaust fitted by the same guy who did my tune. The tune was crap! AFRs were extremely lean - 13.7 (measured on dyno) and the engine pinged badly at 5,000rpm. Once the exhaust 'carbonised' and the PCM richened the mixture up on relearn, the problem alleviated itself. :?

caver
September 1st, 2005, 02:15 AM
I changed all the minus timing numbers in the minimum timing map to 0's hav'nt had any feedback from the customer yet. Will have to call him I suppose

GMPX
September 1st, 2005, 02:24 AM
I changed all the minus timing numbers in the minimum timing map to 0's hav'nt had any feedback from the customer yet. Will have to call him I suppose

I've added in some DFCO spark tables, they will be in the final installation version of V7.3

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
September 1st, 2005, 06:20 AM
If there's no feedback from the customer, then either he's not running it, or it's working just fine (...that's how customers are... :lol: ).

caver
September 2nd, 2005, 02:09 AM
]If there's no feedback from the customer, then either he's not running it, or it's working just fine (...that's how customers are... [/quote]

Dont I know it.
Did another car today and it seemed to be better.
Had him breathing over my shoulder and irritating me as he is From far away and arrived early.
Dual 76mm system will always burble a bit so I am not too stressed about it.

GMPX
September 3rd, 2005, 01:52 AM
Had him breathing over my shoulder and irritating me as he is From far away and arrived early.

:x :x :x
What can you do?.

Cheers,
Ross