PDA

View Full Version : Mafless with Lean Cruise

vzsv8
August 19th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I remember reading a post (but not where I read it) that suggested that Lean Cruise did not work with a Mafless tune. Does anyone have any thoughts or data on this?
Thanks, Steve

GMPX
August 19th, 2008, 02:35 PM
That is not true, it still works.

Cheers,
Ross

gmperformancecentre
August 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
yep agree with ross.my vy ss is mafless and the lean cruise works fine.

vzsv8
August 19th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Thank you gents, clearly the post that I read was not on this forum. I really like the concept of lean cruise but will wait until I have a wideband connected before experimenting. I have just checked a great log that includes an EGT, that shows the temperature dropping as the AFR leans down from 15:1, so I am confident that it is safe. ( see the post in this section "Is lean burn safe")
Thanks again for the quick response.
I need to go ask the minister for finance for a wideband.:grin:
Cheers, Steve

macca_779
August 20th, 2008, 07:42 PM
A few of us have issues with using Lean Cruise in OS5. I've never got it to work in the same manner as it does in a GM OS. In the end I gave up and just simply use B3647 to command my lean cruising AFR's.

We actually discussed this issue on the LS1 forums recently.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=1305405#post1305405

Delco
August 20th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Never had a issue with lean cruise , there was a problem on a VY calibration that does what the guys on the LS1 forum talked about , I found if I used the right base calibration it functions perfectly.

Even GM regulary have errors in the coding , updated calibrations fix this.

macca_779
August 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Never had a issue with lean cruise , there was a problem on a VY calibration that does what the guys on the LS1 forum talked about , I found if I used the right base calibration it functions perfectly.

Even GM regulary have errors in the coding , updated calibrations fix this.

The boys have only ever released 1 OS5 cal to the public for Australia cars as far as I know. Dan if you were referring to GM OS's yes I've never had a problem with one either, just OS5's 01290005.

Delco
August 20th, 2008, 11:32 PM
The boys have only ever released 1 OS5 cal to the public for Australia cars as far as I know. Dan if you were referring to GM OS's yes I've never had a problem with one either, just OS5's 01290005.

I use my own custom version OS that 12900005 was based off , but I have seen the lock in pe mode on a stock OS after exiting the lean cruise routine. GM quite commonly have faulty code - such as the maf freqency dropout on the LS2

I will send my version to Ross to get him to compare the code of each and see if there is a problem ( just add it to the list Ross :) )

Aloicious
October 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM
not trying the threadjack or anything but I've also heard that lean cruise will not work in OL at all? any truth to this?

Sid447
March 8th, 2009, 02:28 AM
not trying the threadjack or anything but I've also heard that lean cruise will not work in OL at all? any truth to this?

If it's commanded in B3605 it will. The GM-Holden tunes that were validated for the M-East didn't have the Lean Cruise tables activated, but had B3605 commanding up to 16.6:1 in the appropriate area. The earlier M-E tunes were full-time OL.

See tune "2001 Commodore (Middle East) Sedan Automatic ---PCM12202088"
(It actually came out of a Caprice SS) ..........in Holdencrazy.com