PDA

View Full Version : LBZ ECM DVT ABC's

Redbone
August 20th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Does the DVT function work with the LBZ ECM on version 7.5.4.65. I am wanting to test some manual vane position control, and when I go to "Activate", I get a "No response, please try again" message. Not functional yet or am I missing something?

GMPX
August 20th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Yes it should, you also need to make sure the V2 firmware has been updated as well. Do you recall doing that too?

Cheers,
Ross

Redbone
August 20th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Cindy, I don't recall. Probably because I don't remember how to do it. Got time for a quick tutorial? Thanks.

Redbone
August 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ooops, sorry Ross, I thought Cindy replied.

Anyhow, I checked my V2 under the "Licensing" section and it says I am running firmware ver. 2.04.70 and BootBlock ver. 2.04.10. I also have an F4 option to upgrade to Bootblock ver. 2.05.04. Will this upgrade the firmware also?

Also, when I use the EFILive V2 Firmware programmer on my computer to try to upgrade, per the tutorial, it says I am already running bootblock 2.5.XX and I must upgrade using the EFILive Exlporer program. How do I find this program?

Thanks again.

GMPX
August 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
You do need to upgrade.
First thing is to download the latest versions of the software from here -
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

You need to download and install both -
EFILive V7.5.4 Release
EFILive V8.1 (Black Box Logging) Release
Links to both are on that downloads page.

After installing V8.1 there is a doc located here:
Start->All Prgorams->EFILive->V8.1->Documents->Upgrading FlashScan

That explains the steps you need to do.

Cheers,
Ross

Redbone
August 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
OK, so far everything went smoothly during the install, EXCEPT the Bootblock install to v2.5.08 did not take. It still reads v2.5.04. Firmware upgrade went fine to v2.5.20. Problematic or no?

I tried afterwards to use EfiLive Explorer to reinstall the newer bootblock. Everything goes smoothly during the install, except upon reboot, it still shows 2.5.04. I also tried the F4-F1-F4 keystrokes, and there is no final F4 option available.

Comments?

Edit. Yup, I guess it is problematic. The V2 will not connect to the cable.

Blacky
August 20th, 2008, 04:08 PM
It can be recovered easily enough. This is the second time this problem has occurred this week - and will most likely happen again. To save me writing out the same response over and over, I am posting a thread with instructions on how to recover from this situation. I will post a link in this thread when it is done.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 20th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Recovery instructions are here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=76854#post76854

Regards
Paul

Redbone
August 22nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
Thanks Paul, worked great once I remembered to stay out of dead poll mode to do the bootblock update.:doh2: