PDA

View Full Version : Just UpGraded to VS3 and now car will not start??? HELP???

BowlingSS
August 27th, 2005, 09:42 AM
I just went through the Custom OS Tutorial. I followed every page and make all the changes. Everything went OK until I was completed and my car would not start. It tries but will not start and had a few smoke clouds come out the tail pipe. I tried to reflash the tune file with no help and also tried to reflash the tune with the V3 OS.

I reflashed my old OS and tune and everything is OK. Am I doing something wrong? Can some look at my tune file?

Also after reflashing to my old OS my change oil light came on..That is no problem. I just re-set it.
Thanks,
Bill

SinisterSS
August 27th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Um...a little birdy told me to check the {A0008} "Open Loop EQ Ratio Multiplier" in the EFILive custom settings area. The table is by default set to zeros (please change it Ross...) and changing it to all ones will get your car to start with V3.

Don't ask me how I know all these things.... :D

SinisterSS
August 27th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Also review {B3647} EQ Ratio Vs. RPM to make sure your AFRs are right as this table now has different governing values than stock.

BowlingSS
August 27th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Um...a little birdy told me to check the {A0008} "Open Loop EQ Ratio Multiplier" in the EFILive custom settings area. The table is by default set to zeros (please change it Ross...) and changing it to all ones will get your car to start with V3.

Don't ask me how I know all these things.... :D

That table is right. It is not all 1.0 just after 40c. It is not that one.

Bill

BowlingSS
August 27th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Also review {B3647} EQ Ratio Vs. RPM to make sure your AFRs are right as this table now has different governing values than stock.

I set this table up just like the doc. 14.70 from 20 to 90map. I also changed B3613 to 150 map. Maybe that is the problem....

Bill

Blacky
August 27th, 2005, 10:59 AM

I set this table up just like the doc. 14.70 from 20 to 90map. I also changed B3613 to 150 map. Maybe that is the problem....

Bill

Make sure of the units of the {B3647} Open Loop AFR table.
If the units are EQ Ratio then you should enter 1's
If the untis are AFR then you should enter 14.63 (or 14.7 depending on what you want to be stoich)

If you enter 14.7 as EQRatio then the AFR will be way, way too rich to even run the car.

Regards
Paul

SS2win
August 27th, 2005, 11:02 AM
also when you populate B3647 make sure your air fuel ratio (under edit|properties) are set to AFR and not the default EQ ratio. :P

BowlingSS
August 27th, 2005, 11:44 AM

Bill

Make sure of the units of the {B3647} Open Loop AFR table.
If the units are EQ Ratio then you should enter 1's
If the untis are AFR then you should enter 14.63 (or 14.7 depending on what you want to be stoich)

If you enter 14.7 as EQRatio then the AFR will be way, way too rich to even run the car.

Regards
Paul

I think that is the problem. I thought the units were AFR but now that I look at it closer it is EQ Ratio. I thought I had AFR units. Do I still need to use PE Mode? The tutorial only shows AFR. My units are RPM vs MAP. How do I change the AFR? 1 does give me 14.63. Can I still change this where I need to, i.e. 95-100map? So I can change this to get any AFR I what, right? So if I set it to 1.13 my afr would be 13.00 or so? Is everything else in the tutorial OK to use? I am running MAFLess and only want to run in Open Loop.

Thanks for your help.
Bill

BowlingSS
August 27th, 2005, 11:58 AM
also when you populate B3647 make sure your air fuel ratio (under edit|properties) are set to AFR and not the default EQ ratio. :P

I did not set it to AFR. I thought my OS did not have this setting. SHould I set the table to 14.63 except 95-100map? The doc shows 14.70 thru 90map.

Thanks,
Bill

BowlingSS
August 27th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I love this chart....I am going to go reflash this OS.

Bill

BowlingSS
August 27th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I just reflashed my PCM and the car started right up. Do I need to do my VE tune again? I was thinking since I am going to stay in open loop I will at least check to see how it is.

Thanks everyone.
Bill
:D

SS2win
August 27th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Glad it is working for you.. ask me how I knew what was up! nevermind. lol

Blacky
August 27th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I just reflashed my PCM and the car started right up. Do I need to do my VE tune again? I was thinking since I am going to stay in open loop I will at least check to see how it is.

Thanks everyone.
Bill
:D

No, you don't need to return your VE. The PCM will use your previously tuned (and I presume correct) VE table to calculate the correct command AFRs.
Although it can't hurt to check :)

Paul