PDA

View Full Version : Spark retarding under full throttle???

alian
August 20th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Have another little issue I am trying to sought out. I have a L76 without traction control. and under 100%tp from 30 to 40km/h as the revs climb they get to about 3700 to 4500rpm the spark is pulled out for a momment sometimes down to 3 deg. then starts climbing again.At this point the rpm line goes from steep incline to a lot flatter rise.Map is arround 100 through out nothing else seems to happen with any other vitals at this time on the log. Any Ideas??. It is in a Auto Holden Crewman.Thanks Ian

Scoota
August 21st, 2008, 09:03 AM
Hi Ian,
There are a number of things that can cause timing to be pulled. Have you logged your Spark Pids to see where the culprit is.
I'm assuming you've toned things down with attack rates and burst knock etc...

Cheers Scotty.

alian
August 21st, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hi Ian,
There are a number of things that can cause timing to be pulled. Have you logged your Spark Pids to see where the culprit is.
I'm assuming you've toned things down with attack rates and burst knock etc...

Cheers Scotty.
Thanks Scotty, will relook at it tonight. I thought i had the pids set up, and i have set up a map 4 average./spark. Not sure what pids to set up to fault find.
Thanks Ian

alian
August 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=alian;76918]Thanks Scotty, Will look into it tonight
, Thanks Ian

alian
August 29th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I have narrowed it down to pid GM SEMRET. I have managed to log this pid and it seems to be able to remove up to 20 deg of spark leaving me about 3deg at times. The caption says Tourque reduction spark retard. I have tried adjusting,B2502,05,10,11 and 1914 to name a few, to no avail. please if anybody has had this problem, or has any idears i would love to hear from you, the car has not got traction contol fitted to it.and is a auto.

Any help would be great, Thanks Ian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arubenstein
December 28th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Did you ever resolve this?

I have narrowed it down to pid GM SEMRET. I have managed to log this pid and it seems to be able to remove up to 20 deg of spark leaving me about 3deg at times. The caption says Tourque reduction spark retard. I have tried adjusting,B2502,05,10,11 and 1914 to name a few, to no avail. please if anybody has had this problem, or has any idears i would love to hear from you, the car has not got traction contol fitted to it.and is a auto.

Any help would be great, Thanks Ian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alian
January 1st, 2015, 06:18 PM
Did you ever resolve this?

No, I havnt played with that car for a couple of years.