PDA

View Full Version : Ls7 Ecm

uaesands
August 21st, 2008, 04:45 AM
can any one explain what the *** is this??

its an LS7 motor woth GM performance harnes and ecm

I need to lower the rev to 6800 RPM.

see te attchments.

GMPX
August 21st, 2008, 11:41 AM
It's all a bit scary isn't it.
Who knows why but GMPP have switched off the checksums in these tunes.
To fix it, just click on the "Update Checksums" button (it's shown in your 2nd screen shot) and save the file.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
August 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
It's all a bit scary isn't it.
Who knows why but GMPP have switched off the checksums in these tunes.
To fix it, just click on the "Update Checksums" button (it's shown in your 2nd screen shot) and save the file.

Cheers,
Ross

Ross,

What does that fix do?

Is this a off the shelf GMPP stock PCM?

Howard

GMPX
August 21st, 2008, 10:38 PM
EFILive won't allow a tune to be flashed that has bad checksums.
What the fix does (in the case of this tune) is turn the checksums back on and recalculate them so you get the green ticks on each segment which will mean the tune can be flashed.
This is exactly how they appear from GMPP.

There has been over the years some GM factory cars come out with the checksums off (Holden T42's off the top of my head), also the Cobalt factory aftermarket P12 tunes I think from memory......just lazy calibrators.

Cheers,
Ross

Biggsy
August 21st, 2008, 11:03 PM
......just lazy calibrators.

Cheers,
Ross

Or is it a case of "the checksums have been re-enabled, we now know this PCM has been played with" ??

uaesands
August 22nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Ross

thanks, it have sorted out my problem, you are my KING

REgards
Moe

95wagon
December 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Hello, new here and may be putting the cart before the horse as the engine is still sitting in the box and I have not yet purchased EFI Live.

May I ask is there a way or are there plans to enable, open up or replace segments (my reading suggests no).

Reading uaesands file, the Calibration Identifiers match physical IDs on my E67 controller so I assume I will have the same cal.

My issue is I would like to have separate dual fan control and A/C clutch control.

Thanks for any help or direction

Gerry Charlesworth