PDA

View Full Version : How to/Can I alter 3D maps with the mouse?

Goldfinger911
August 22nd, 2008, 03:31 AM
I have not been able to find a way, but I thought there might be a hotkey or something I am missing.

When I do the AutoVE process, sometimes I get those nasty spikes that I need to trim off my 3D map. Aside from using the arrow keys and the F7 and F8 keys... is there a way to, from the full 3D map view, alter the map with just the mouse? AEMTuner and AEMPro have this ability and it makes it really easy to alter and smooth portions of 3D maps without having to use the eye chart of the numeric display. If anyone has any shortcuts it would be awesome. Thanks.

TAQuickness
August 22nd, 2008, 03:56 AM
There is no mouse click editing of tune MAPs. You can select the cells surrounding the spike then click the smoothing button.

Goldfinger911
August 22nd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Damn. Oh well. Sounds like a feature request is needed. :)

Thanks for the quick reply!
Have a great weekend.

SSpdDmon
August 22nd, 2008, 04:45 AM
There is no mouse click editing of tune MAPs. You can select the cells surrounding the spike then click the smoothing button.

Not so fast, grasshopper. :hihi:

Open a table that has a 3-D map (i.e. Spark High Octane). First, determine which column you wish to adjust a select a cell in that column. Then, hold down the Ctrl key and hit the "2" key (Ctrl+2). This will show you an over lay of the 3-D map, but now in 2-D format. Eyeball your change by draging the part of your "spike" in line with the rest of the curve for that column and those near by (above/below). Voila! You can also switch between the columns by using the left and right arrow keys.

To return to the 3-D view, the command is Ctrl+3.

:D

TAQuickness
August 22nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
learn something new everyday. :D I'll try that out when I get home

macca_779
August 22nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
I didn't know about the F7 F8 one.. Cheers for that.