PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: FlashScan V2 Serial Wideband Logging

TAQuickness
August 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Enjoy...

TAQuickness
September 3rd, 2008, 05:29 AM
If you get an error while trying to drag and drop files, try formatting the file system

If the WB PID's are X'd out in the scan tool, you will need to validate PID's while connected to the vehicle.

An updated tutorial will be posted in the next few days with these items in context.

TAQuickness
September 4th, 2008, 10:00 AM
PDF Version has been updated

cyclerage
September 8th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Can you tell me where the option.ini file is???

mr.prick
September 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Can you tell me where the option.ini file is???

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8.1\Programs

A.O.A
May 12th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Hi all,,,
in the PDF file it says Innovative Motorsports Dual Channel LM-2 I got the single CH' would it work?? thnx

May 24th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Hi all,,,
in the PDF file it says Innovative Motorsports Dual Channel LM-2 I got the single CH' would it work?? thnx

Yes but i will double check for you

ryans1000
September 25th, 2009, 02:58 PM
What are the pros and cons of hooking up the wideband through serial vs analog?

MyM8V8
September 26th, 2009, 02:46 AM
What are the pros and cons of hooking up the wideband through serial vs analog?

I used Innovate LC-1's and it was a breeze using serial connection. It's just plug and play. You'll need to either make a cable or get one from TAQuickness. Well worth it IMHO.

ryans1000
September 26th, 2009, 05:30 AM
I used Innovate LC-1's and it was a breeze using serial connection. It's just plug and play. You'll need to either make a cable or get one from TAQuickness. Well worth it IMHO.

So your saying the benefit of serial over analog is its quicker to install?

joecar
September 26th, 2009, 07:20 AM
The serial connection avoids ground offset problems that seem to show up with the analog connection.

Also consider this: the wideband controller contains a cpu/mcu which drives the actual sensor and computes lambda/afr from the sensor's response... the controller then emits the lambda/afr via the serial comm port, and simultaneously maps it to analog voltage via the programmed afr:v map and emits this voltage via the analog output (only for it to be unmapped in the scantool)...

i.e. the analog connection involves extra manipulations in mapping/unmapping the afr.

The serial afr is more precise than the analog afr, especially if the analog v:afr map is too broad (e.g. 0-5V -> AFR 0-50).

MyM8V8
September 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
So your saying the benefit of serial over analog is its quicker to install?

It's quick and it's easy, and as Joe has said, more reliable. I'm still an apprentice with this tuning game, so anything that is quick and simple is a must for me.

blindawg
December 28th, 2011, 02:12 PM
If the WB PID's are X'd out in the scan tool, you will need to validate PID's while connected to the vehicle.

I'm using the AEM UEGO WB connected through serial Comms.
I got the new Calc.pid.txt downloaded and coppied to the right folder and it appears in the PID list. I selected it and connected to vehicle and the Comm. port for the WB. Then validated the PIDs and it still is X'd out. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Branden

blindawg
December 29th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I'm using the AEM UEGO WB connected through serial Comms.
I got the new Calc.pid.txt downloaded and coppied to the right folder and it appears in the PID list. I selected it and connected to vehicle and the Comm. port for the WB. Then validated the PIDs and it still is X'd out. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Branden

Figured it out, I needed EXT.WO2LAM1 selected for it to work. I had EXT.WO2AFR1 selected instead.

Thanks,
Branden

joecar
December 29th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hi Brandon, good job on figuring it out :cheers:

You will notice that we now try to use GM.EQIVRATIO and EXT.WO2LAM1 and/or EXT.WO2EQR1 (which is defined as 1/EXT.WO1LAM1) for various reasons:

- we found that GM.EQIVRATIO seems to follow the command fuel tables more closely than GM.AFR,
- this makes tuning not rely upon stoichiometric AFR.

derkscustomcars
February 13th, 2012, 10:20 AM
hello,

I have the AEM inline wideband UEGO controller, part # 30-2310. when i hook it up to my V2, there is data traffic as indicated by the flashing LED, but if i select to display W02, it doesnt see anything.

Serial hookup is used and wiring is correct to my knowledge.

Any suggestions?

Matt

joecar
February 13th, 2012, 01:35 PM
hello,

I have the AEM inline wideband UEGO controller, part # 30-2310. when i hook it up to my V2, there is data traffic as indicated by the flashing LED, but if i select to display W02, it doesnt see anything.

Serial hookup is used and wiring is correct to my knowledge.

Any suggestions?

MattWhich V2 firmware version/date do you have...?

Did you set the comm port to Wideband, and set wideband type to AEM...?

derkscustomcars
February 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks for your reply, My firmware is 2.07.22 and i have the com port set to wideband and type to aem

Thats why i'm lost

Matt

joecar
February 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Can you use EE/HAPI to capture a shot of your V2's LCD...

joecar
February 14th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Matt, what does your V2 display...?

Blacky
February 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Allow the V2 device about 10-20 seconds while connected to the wide band (i.e. with the orange LED flashing). That will cause FLashScan to record the serial data it is seeing.
Then select the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File.
Then copy the trace file from FlashScan to your PC using EFILive_Explorer and email it to me with a link to this thread.

I'll check what data is being received and why FlashScan won't see it.

Regards
Paul

Tre-Cool
October 23rd, 2014, 02:51 PM
Allow the V2 device about 10-20 seconds while connected to the wide band (i.e. with the orange LED flashing). That will cause FLashScan to record the serial data it is seeing.
Then select the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File.
Then copy the trace file from FlashScan to your PC using EFILive_Explorer and email it to me with a link to this thread.

I'll check what data is being received and why FlashScan won't see it.

Regards
Paul

You still good for people to do this for new widebands that support serial input Paul?

I have purchased a new wideband that uses lsu 4.9 sensors to replace the shitty old lsu 11's for my dyno. the dyno takes the analog signal but I can use the serial output for efilive. :-)
http://www.ecotrons.com/files/ALM-Gauge%20Manual.pdf

is the sensor kit im using.

Blacky
October 23rd, 2014, 03:21 PM
You still good for people to do this for new widebands that support serial input Paul?

I have purchased a new wideband that uses lsu 4.9 sensors to replace the shitty old lsu 11's for my dyno. the dyno takes the analog signal but I can use the serial output for efilive. :-)
http://www.ecotrons.com/files/ALM-Gauge%20Manual.pdf

is the sensor kit im using.

I'm already working on an interface for the ALM. But send me whatevdr serial data you can capture from yours. The more data I can get the easier it is to develop the interface for it.

However, ther eis a new save trace option on FlashScan that you should use:
F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F4 Save COM Data.

That options saves the COM buffers into a plain *.bin file. If you're interested in seeing the COM data, you can view the file using a hex editor (like Hex Workshop). The file is 4K, each of the 4x1K blocks are:
1: COM1 write buffer (0x0000..0x03FF)
2: COM1 read buffer (0x0400..0x07FF)
3: COM2 write buffer (0x0800..0x0BFF)
4: COM2 read buffer (0x0C00..0x0FFF)

The data that is read from the wideband is read on COM1 so the data should appear in the bin file at 0x0400..0x07FF.

Regards
Paul

Regards
Paul

Tre-Cool
October 23rd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Cool. I'll have a play on the weekend and email it to you then.

Tre-Cool
October 24th, 2014, 01:42 AM
have you been having issues with the device sending data? using the factory program to log from the ecu it makes you connect then start recording. so im wondering if they are sending data out automatically.

or i just have my wiring wrong, will it matter what wideband i have setup for the serial port?

derkscustomcars
October 24th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the reply, I ended up buying a different one but I will try to send you the log file if I have a chance

Tre-Cool
October 24th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I sent an email through to the support address Paul. it appears for this to work the efilive controller needs to sent a connect/start command for data to be received. i attached a link to what i presume is the data commands necessary.

I've also sent an email to the manufacturer to see if i can get a firmware that automatically sends data out.

SOMhaveit
July 22nd, 2015, 05:20 AM
I have my V2 communicating with my LM-2 serial cable. I can see lambda on the V2. However, my scan tool isn't seeing the serial input. Looking at the tutorial one is suppose to drag & drop the Options.ini file to the Config files in EFILive Explorer. I don't have any Options.ini file. In fact, I don't have a Programs file under V8 (and it is V8, not V8.1). I am logging EXTWO2.LAM1, but it is not happening in the data logging process. Also, for CALC.VEN, if I right click the PID, there is the following for both expressions: Expression is valid. PID value cannot be determined because the following error would occur: Divide by zero.

I need to get something accomplished so for now I'm canning the serial and connecting analog.

SOMhaveit
July 22nd, 2015, 07:36 AM
Well, something is amiss. My scan tool doesn't see my wideband in analog form either.

Blacky
July 22nd, 2015, 07:51 AM
There was a bug that caused all external PIDs (serial and analog) to not be received by the V7 pass-thru scan tool software.

Please update your V7 and V8 software to this pre-release: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25758-July-08-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release
After updating/installing V8, click on the [Check Firmware] button in the main V8 window to update the firmware on your FlashScan device.

The bug was listed as known issue #2 here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25502-Known-issues-with-May-01-2015-Public-Release

Regards
Paul

joecar
July 22nd, 2015, 09:47 AM
After installing the new V7/V8 software do this:

install the new firmware into V2: kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949 (https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949)

configure wideband serial comms: kb_article.php?ref=5992-UOAZ-4147 (https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=5992-UOAZ-4147)