PDA

View Full Version : A Feature I would love to see

Fierobsessed
August 25th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Iv'e been using EFILiveV4 PRO for quite a while now.
I write my own definition files fairly often, Love the program.

But I have one simple feature, that if I had... it would change the way I write definitions. Copy AND paste for attributes (perhaps Click and Drag too?) Especially multiples of attributes. I frequently have the need to move Multiple attributes from one Vehicle to another. It takes forever to have to re-type everything. I dread DTCs and Bit Flags.

Ive been cheating and Editing my XMLs in Notepad of all places.

Any thaughts on this?

Blacky
August 25th, 2008, 08:16 AM
There are no plans to develop or enhance the EFILive V4 software any further. ALDL development is now focused on the new EFILive Version 8 software platform as we will be delivering ALDL data logging via FlashScan and the new V8 software.

Editing the definitions using notepad is ok, but you could try one of the many free xml editors. I use eXML from Cuesoft, its a free xml editor and it allows copy/paste of attributes in the EFILive V4 definitions files.

Regards
Paul

kangsta
August 25th, 2008, 01:12 PM
will you still be able to use a regular ALDL cable with EFILive v8?

Blacky
August 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM
will you still be able to use a regular ALDL cable with EFILive v8?

There are no plans to support non-FlashScan/AutoCal cables with the EFILive V8 software. That is because all the scan tool "intelligence" is contained in the FlashScan/AutoCal device. That is what allows stand-alone black box logging to operate - and soon, stand-alone reading/flashing.

Regards
Paul