PDA

View Full Version : Virtual VE table not showing up

XLR8NSS
August 25th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I read over the tutorial again and as far as I can tell you only need the V2 hooked to the laptop before you open the tune tool in order to see the VVE tables.

I am on 7.5.4 build 66 tune tool and firmware 2.5.20 for the V2.

The truck has an E38 ECM and a magnacharger TVS blown 6.0L. I have a 2 bar MAP sensor and need to get the VE table setup for 2 bar but, can't see the virtual VE tables in the tune.

I attached the trucks stock tune below.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Black02SS
August 25th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hook up the V2 interface. THEN open the Tune tool..... ;) You can't have the tune tool open first.

XLR8NSS
August 25th, 2008, 09:40 AM
That's what I posted above that I've already done. :D Does it need to be hooked up to the truck also?

GMPX
August 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
It does not need to be connected to the truck, just the USB port.
If you have the V2 connected before you start the software and it still won't show the Virtual VE's then I am not sure what the problem might be.
Out of interest I downloaded your .tun file and they show up fine for me.

Cheers,
Ross

XLR8NSS
August 25th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Yep Ross, I have the V2 hooked up and it is booted up before I start the tune tool.

I am going to do a complete uninstall and redo the installation from scratch. I'll update this thread after a while.

GMPX
August 25th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Okay, best to also make sure you are using the software version on the main downloads page -
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

Although the Virtual VE tables have been in the software since Aug 2007 and I can't imagine many would still be using software that old.

Cheers,
Ross

XLR8NSS
August 25th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I was up to date with the latest software but, for some reason it did not show the VVE tables. I totally uninstalled and reinstalled with the software from the main download page just now and the VVE tables are THERE!!! woohoo

I had just been installing over top of whatever was existing.

Now to read the tutorial again. :hihi:

swingtan
August 25th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I have noticed that there are some other requirements to getting the VVE tables to show up.

If the V2 is in "sleep mode", then it may not wake up in time for the TuneTool to see it's there.
If you open multiple copies of TuneTool, some copies may not see the V2.
If you use EFILive explorer and have it open, Tune Tool may not see the V2.
If you are running Windows, you may need to reboot.... ( ok maybe not totally true, but hey, it's Windows so it can't hurt ).

Simon