PDA

View Full Version : is my Firmware and version stable for flashing a LMM?

LBZ_GMC
August 26th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I have version 7.5.4 (build 44) and firmware version 2.5.15 (march 18, 2008) and bootblock 2.5.04. Is this software stable and safe for flashing a LMM ECM (os 12617103) ??

reason i ask is beacuse I have flashed my lbz nearly 500 times flawlessly, but last night I licensed and flashed a LMM and afterwords the oil pressure, engine coolant, and fuel gauges did not function, and the truck would not crank. I have seen failed body control modules or body control modules that get kicked off-line cause similar symtoms. Is there a way somehow with after flashing with EFI the bcm is dead or not on-line with the rest of the system??? glicth or something? i can still flash the ecm with no problem but cannot get any type of tuner or code reader to get any information out of it, as well as no crank condition. all fuses are good, battery condition is good.

has anyone had any similar issues on an LMM? solutions/resolutions/suggestions? unfortunatly the truck is at athe dealer (hes a friend of mine, and was going to do a few tests with a techII), as it seems aparent the problem is someware other than the ecm or tcm. I will see what and I didnt think that EFI can do anythign to the bcm.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

GMPX
August 26th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Well LMM tuning has certainly been around since before your last firmware update and this is not a problem I have heard of before.

Whilst I can't say if updating the bootblock and firmware to the latest is going to solve your issue it would certainly be something I would recommend doing.

Cheers,
Ross

LBZRCKS
August 26th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I have version 7.5.4 (build 44) and firmware version 2.5.15 (march 18, 2008) and bootblock 2.5.04. Is this software stable and safe for flashing a LMM ECM (os 12617103) ??

reason i ask is beacuse I have flashed my lbz nearly 500 times flawlessly, but last night I licensed and flashed a LMM and afterwords the oil pressure, engine coolant, and fuel gauges did not function, and the truck would not crank. I have seen failed body control modules or body control modules that get kicked off-line cause similar symtoms. Is there a way somehow with after flashing with EFI the bcm is dead or not on-line with the rest of the system??? glicth or something? i can still flash the ecm with no problem but cannot get any type of tuner or code reader to get any information out of it, as well as no crank condition. all fuses are good, battery condition is good.

has anyone had any similar issues on an LMM? solutions/resolutions/suggestions? unfortunatly the truck is at athe dealer (hes a friend of mine, and was going to do a few tests with a techII), as it seems aparent the problem is someware other than the ecm or tcm. I will see what and I didnt think that EFI can do anythign to the bcm.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

No problems here, what tune did you flash in? was it one from another truck or something?

LBZ_GMC
August 27th, 2008, 03:12 PM
no, just the stock tune that i pulled out of it. i think i have an unrelated issue. i am going to update to the latest software and retry. thanks for the help guys.

kmdmb
September 7th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Any update on this? Mine did the same thing. Same gauges quit, although truck still runs.

The Neens
September 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Any aftermarket goodies???

kmdmb
September 9th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Just a dpf delete package. Flashed many times with ppe. First EFI tune was fine. Tried to change tune and this happened. DIC was also gone for a couple days, then came back. Now it comes and goes. Still driving it this way, but not sure it's running right. Have Insight, and that gets all the readings that the dash is not getting.