PDA

View Full Version : New to COS5 setting up N2O

ND2RACE
August 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I have just gone to COS5, and thanks to all the info on this site I had no problems getting it up and running. My question is this, why does my timing retard work with the switch, but VE modifier does nothing? I cannot find much info about this, do I have to be running SD? I have been over this thing 100 times today and any more info would be appreciated.

Doc
August 26th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Can you post up your tune and logs?

Beer99C5
October 14th, 2008, 06:00 AM
I have had the same problem was it resolved?

articSS
October 14th, 2008, 06:52 AM
mine seems to only work when i actually spray if not it hardly changes the afr. its weird i just tried it n/a and it did nothing but sprayed a 50 shot and went rich. i thought it worked without the n20 before the update but didnt seem to make a diffrence lately.

GMPX
October 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Are you absolutely sure the PCM is getting the trigger on it's pin when the NOS is not actually spraying?

Beer99C5
October 15th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Are you absolutely sure the PCM is getting the trigger on it's pin when the NOS is not actually spraying?

Mine is on a toggle, I have 3 degree's pulled in the COS part of the tune. when I activate the toggle I can see the 3 degrees pulled immediately (as it should).

On the VE multiplier, I have set 1.1 to .9 for the value. This is to help it along at the lean side and then lean it out (the dry shot richens near the end). I have never seen this work. Eurospec1 says I should see the commanded AFR change when its active. I have not seen this happen when the toggle is on (but the timing pull works).

I have a new tune I am trying today from Doug @ ECS maybe it will work.

Worse case, maybe the tutorial or notes need to be a bit clearer on what values need to be in the COS 5 to enable the VE multiplier for Nitrous Monitor?

articSS
October 15th, 2008, 08:10 AM
i had to put 1.3xx just to get in the 11.7 range on 150 shot dry.

articSS
October 22nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
any updates on this?

ND2RACE
November 10th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I still had the Maf plugged in. oops. Figured it out later that day. The program works excellent now. My best now is 11.08 with the nitrous, now to just get a progressive controller and eliminate some of this wheelspin.

FYI: I had great success with the VE modifier eliminating the lean spike going to a value of 1.2 in line with my window switch, and fine tuning my A/F after that. I am very satisfied with the addition of this.