PDA

View Full Version : Standalone flashing before SEMA?

Hyper99
August 26th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Guys,

What is the ETA on the standalone tune and OS flashing with V2? Were almost up to SEMA again and this was something that was to follow the other functions quickly this year. :pokey:

The wideband O2 controller support is great:rockon:but I really want to be able to change out a few different tunes without draggin a laptop around.

What's the plan?

Ninety8C5
August 27th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Guys,

What is the ETA on the standalone tune and OS flashing with V2? Were almost up to SEMA again and this was something that was to follow the other functions quickly this year. :pokey:

The wideband O2 controller support is great:rockon:but I really want to be able to change out a few different tunes without draggin a laptop around.

What's the plan?

Ditto ! ! ! :angel_innocent:

ahajr
August 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
bump

Chuck CoW
August 27th, 2008, 11:04 AM
AUTOCAL?:angel_innocent:

Chuck CoW

Hyper99
September 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
What is the schedule for the release of the 8.1 version? Just trying to plan for the future here.

kbracing96
September 2nd, 2008, 04:03 AM
The silence is deafening, LOL

Ninety8C5
September 2nd, 2008, 05:10 AM
The silence is deafening, LOL

And it's been silent for quite awhile.

Hyper99
September 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
:confused: Odd that only three other people seem to care?

ScarabEpic22
September 2nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Oh I care, standalone flashing was the only reason I bought my V2. Sure BBL is nice, but my old V1 can do that. The only time Ive actually needed my V2 was when I pulled tunes out of an 08 Escalade and 07 Burb for kicks.

Blacky
September 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this thread until just now... The less you hear from me the more I'm working on delivering new features.

The standalone flashing is in development and a lot of effort is going into having it ready to demonstrate (and possibly beta test) by SEMA.

The version 8 software is being released in stages. The first stage, EFILive Explorer is already released. The second stage, a user friendly front end for black box logging is almost ready to hit beta. The third stage, standalone reading is (as I said above) hopefully going to be ready for beta testing at SEMA.

AutoCal is just waiting for the standalone reading/flashing to be available. Chuck, we've got hundreds of AutoCal units sitting here in boxes just waiting...

The PC based V8 tune editor and scan tool charting software are scheduled to be completed after that. The scan tool will be done first (its the most complex) and the tune editor close behind.

Meanwhile, our all new web site/store is nearly done. That should make an appearance in the next few weeks.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
September 3rd, 2008, 02:41 AM
Hopefully instant license process with the new website?

And thanks for the mini time table Paul, just knowing how you fellas are attacking it is nice.

kbracing96
September 3rd, 2008, 03:36 AM
Thank you Paul for the quick update. :) I hope you are able to stick to it or even beat it, lol. Now, GET BACK TO WORK!! LOL!!

Blacky
September 3rd, 2008, 07:30 AM
Hopefully instant license process with the new website?

Yes :cucumber:

And thanks for the mini time table Paul, just knowing how you fellas are attacking it is nice.

Attacking is the right word. Sometimes development can grind to a halt because of one or two problems. And many times those problems are only solved after hours (sometimes days) researching on the internet. I'm thinking about starting up a "developer solutions" forum topic where I can post up issues that are holding up development and hopefully with more people helping with research, the solutions will be speedier.

Regards
Paul

405HP_Z06
September 4th, 2008, 07:55 AM

I'm thinking about starting up a "developer solutions" forum topic where I can post up issues that are holding up development and hopefully with more people helping with research, the solutions will be speedier.

Regards
Paul

This is a great idea!

Hyper99
September 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the update.:)

Sparky8370
September 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM

Attacking is the right word. Sometimes development can grind to a halt because of one or two problems. And many times those problems are only solved after hours (sometimes days) researching on the internet. I'm thinking about starting up a "developer solutions" forum topic where I can post up issues that are holding up development and hopefully with more people helping with research, the solutions will be speedier.

Regards
Paul
Most of the time I have no idea what you guys are saying. But one of the things that drew me to EFI live was the fact that you guys use so much input from your customers. I was a member on this forum for a long time before I took the plunge, and I read many topics where members gave there input on how things needed to be changed. It seems, to me, that a better product can be developed with this process and, of the tuners I looked at, you guys are the only ones that seem to be doing this and are very active in your forums answering questions and getting input from the users.
Keep up the good work.

joecar
September 6th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I agree with Sparky... Paul does listen to us, and where possible he implements.

Eddysel
September 25th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Could someone explain Autocal to me? I am new at tuning my 2006 LBZ Duramax. I would love to be able to have multiple tunes available with the push of a button. Is this Autocal or will I be waiting for multiple tunes via V2?

Thanks,
Ed

ScarabEpic22
September 25th, 2008, 05:37 AM
To do switchable tunes, you're going to be using your FlashScan V2 man. AutoCal is for mail-order tuners (or tuners in general) so they can send a custom tune to a customer. The customer downloads their stock tune(s) to the AutoCal then it flashes the custom tune to the controller(s). This way customers can revert back to stock in a few minutes vs sending a PCM/ECM/TCM back to a tuner.

Although switchable tunes arent available for the LBZ/LMM yet, either have to wait for that or wait for BBF (BlackBox Flashing). When BBF comes out (hopefully soon) you will be able to reprogram your LBZ by reflashing different tunes from your V2.

Ninety8C5
January 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this thread until just now... The less you hear from me the more I'm working on delivering new features.

The standalone flashing is in development and a lot of effort is going into having it ready to demonstrate (and possibly beta test) by SEMA.

The version 8 software is being released in stages. The first stage, EFILive Explorer is already released. The second stage, a user friendly front end for black box logging is almost ready to hit beta. The third stage, standalone reading is (as I said above) hopefully going to be ready for beta testing at SEMA.

The PC based V8 tune editor and scan tool charting software are scheduled to be completed after that. The scan tool will be done first (its the most complex) and the tune editor close behind.

Meanwhile, our all new web site/store is nearly done. That should make an appearance in the next few weeks.

Regards
Paul

So what happened to standalone reading (and flashing) ?

Blacky
January 1st, 2009, 04:37 PM
So what happened to standalone reading (and flashing) ?

Funny you should ask that right now. I just got done testing (about 10 minutes ago) the first prototype firmware for AutoCal and FlashScan that implements standalone reading/flashing. The tests were all good, however they were being run against our internal PCM simulator software. The next few weeks will be used to test (and debug) the new firmware against bench PCMs and then actual vehicles.

Regards
Paul

8100 Power
January 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Funny you should ask that right now. I just got done testing (about 10 minutes ago) the first prototype firmware for AutoCal and FlashScan that implements standalone reading/flashing. The tests were all good, however they were being run against our internal PCM simulator software. The next few weeks will be used to test (and debug) the new firmware against bench PCMs and then actual vehicles.

Regards
Paul

:rockon::rockon:

nevinsb
January 2nd, 2009, 02:56 AM
Excellent. I have 4 spare 1M LS1 PCMs ready for testing :D

This will be very helpful when I finally get around to going to the dyno this spring.

Happy Jim
January 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Nice :cucumber:

This will be the final part for my "Emergency Tool Kit", ie I can have a Tune ready to load in the V2 that can "ignore" most of the inputs should 1 or other fail during a trip.

Hubba Hubba :cheers:

Jim

GAMEOVER
January 6th, 2009, 03:21 PM

Regards
Paul

Cool......:banana:

joecar
January 7th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Way Cool... :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

ringram
January 8th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Cool! :)

Much less hassle!

bdr2008
February 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
So what happened to standalone reading (and flashing) ? Any news yet?

kbracing96
February 10th, 2009, 01:15 PM
They told my buddy at SEMA it should be in March... So we'll see....

bdr2008
February 11th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Didn't they say that last year?

Blacky
February 11th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Didn't they say that last year?

Yes, I did :( It was due out early 2008. That has been changed (obviously) to early 2009.

I'm not going to list the things that took priority over it, but in order to serve the best interests of EFILive (i.e. to build a stronger company that will still be around in years to come to continue to support our customers) we chose to complete other tasks first. Many of the things we did no-one sees or cares about, but that's just business.

But we are now back on track and will be starting a very comprehensive field test of standalone reading/flashing. Towards the end of Feb I will be posting a new forum for beta tester volunteers.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
February 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM
But we are now back on track and will be starting a very comprehensive field test of standalone reading/flashing. Towards the end of Feb I will be posting a new forum for beta tester volunteers.

Regards
Paul

Put me down for Beta testing , I have a knack for breaking things !

GTPprix
February 12th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Oh I'm all for breaking stuff count me in :D

ringram
February 12th, 2009, 10:02 AM
me as usual too Sir ;)

ScarabEpic22
February 12th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Ill be the guinea pig for the bastard child P10s muhahaha!

Cougar281
February 12th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I can do LLY ECM & TCM and 6-speed TCM read and flash, as well as LBZ ECM, LS1 & LB7 reading on the bench.

Blacky
February 12th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Before this post gets inundated with beta tester requests, please wait for the official beta test forum to be created. That should be towards the end of Feb.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
February 12th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Before this post gets inundated with beta tester requests, please wait for the official beta test forum to be created. That should be towards the end of Feb.

Regards
Paul

Only 16 days left in February . :confused:

ScarabEpic22
February 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Sorry Paul, jumped the gun a little.

kbracing96
February 13th, 2009, 07:49 AM

Regards
Paul

So is this gona be Feb of this year or 2010? HAHA J/K ;) :pokey:

Chevy366
February 14th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Is the new SF Beta section for this going to be in the V2 area as the BBL was ?

Blacky
February 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM
So is this gona be Feb of this year or 2010? HAHA J/K ;) :pokey:

:funnypost:

Is it 2009 already?
:moon1:

Blacky
February 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Is the new SF Beta section for this going to be in the V2 area as the BBL was ?

I will probably make up a new V8 software section and it will have AutoCal, FlashScan and Software topics inside.

Regards
Paul

Hyper99
February 17th, 2009, 08:46 PM
:shock: I'll check back in a few days then, put my name on the beta list.

poolshark021
February 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Any updates?

Hyper99
March 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM
Towards the end of Feb I will be posting a new forum

February is the in rearview now.....:pokey:

Blacky
March 1st, 2009, 08:09 PM
February is the in rearview now.....:pokey:
http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76