PDA

View Full Version : 9 sec. C5 Blower Car - No Air Filter - Help?

JR-CRUZN-C5
August 27th, 2008, 04:22 AM
My 9 sec. C5, 427 Blower Car running 18 lbs. of boost normally runs (Drag Races) with an air filter. Third gear is a bit sluggish (1/8th to 1320'), and AIT builds dramatically during that portion of the run! My tuner (Dan Bills Owner of FLP) feels the blower becomes very inefficiant during that part of the run trying to "suck" more air than the filter allows (efficiently) so he wants me to run WITHOUT that air filter restriction.

Have any of you "Blower" guys Raced without an air filter? if so what did that do to your AFR settings/readings???

ANY INPUT WILL BE WELCOME!!!

JR

Brent@LPE
September 5th, 2008, 03:03 AM
We run without a filter on a F-body, You have to watch out for debris. I would blow out you engine compartment with compressed air. Before you try it. As for how lean it will go God only knows! I am sure it will pick up boost. Hopefully you are speed density tuned so AFR should be in check Make sure you watch your wideband.

I recently fitted a larger air filter in the C5 kit with a F1 give me a call If you want details
Brent 260-244-4808

JR-CRUZN-C5
September 30th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Well I did it - Removed the air filter and with the help of Dan Bills at Finish line Performance coaching me to read plugs at the end of the drag strip and make some AFR adjustments I am running 9.44 @ 148 (about 1.5 tenths quicker). I went dead lean 850 - 2100 RPM at the hit of the throttle so I made some changes in those areas and ALL IS GOOD!!!

JR

joecar
September 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Good job JR... :cheers: