PDA

View Full Version : E38 Torque reduction spark retard.GM SEMRET

alian
August 27th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Guys, After sorting out most of my KR problem i found that somthing else is retading spark. after some help from swingtan i have narrowed it down to pid GM SEMRET. :help2:I have managed to log this pid and it seems to be able to remove up to 20 deg of spark leaving me about 3deg at times. The caption says Tourque reduction spark retard. I have tried adjusting,B2502,05,10,11 and 1914 to name a few, to no avail. please if anybody has had this problem, or has any idears i would love to hear from you, the car has not got traction contol fitted to it.and is a auto.

Any help would be great, Thanks Ian

ringram
August 27th, 2008, 11:41 PM
2514, 2517 & 2522 max out the former 2 and zero the last one. See if that helps.

alian
August 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the fast response, Allof them are as I am running it, Have played with 2522 a bit had it from 0 to 100. at 100 it seemed to be not as bad, any other ideas.
Thanks Ian

ringram
August 29th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Did you turn spark smoothing off? Apparently that helps. I pretty much zero'd or max out all the tables in mine and have no issues.

alian
August 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Did you turn spark smoothing off? Apparently that helps. I pretty much zero'd or max out all the tables in mine and have no issues.

Yep B0301 is off, It could be somthing in my tune, or just a problem isolated to my car,Just cant put my finger on it.
Thanks Ian

ringram
August 29th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Are you running an auto or manual? If its auto you might need to look into the T43 tune too

alian
August 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Are you running an auto or manual? If its auto you might need to look into the T43 tune too

Auto. Have looked but cant find any reduction except at up and down shift, and dosnt seem to activate the reduction at these times. Open to suggestions though. Thanks Ian

ringram
September 7th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I went pretty crazy on mine and zero'd anything to do with torque management. Maybe not the best idea. But Ill use my foot to adjust torque :)

vxchev8
September 8th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Have you tried to disable torq m'ment upshifts - D9401
In HPtuners it mentions "the master enable/disable for torque reduction on upshifts".

alian
September 8th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Have you tried to disable torq m'ment upshifts - D9401
In HPtuners it mentions "the master enable/disable for torque reduction on upshifts".

Thanks mate. Tried to findD9401, came up not found. It is in a Vz L76. So a differant OS
Ian

hymey
September 9th, 2008, 10:18 PM
maybe not related to your problem, but have you turned off burst knock retard?

Do u have b2522 in your os. Set those to 0. b2515 set these to 0 they are torque mulitpliers, which will result in 0 nm torque reduction. "Torque reduction by spark" click No.

b2522 seams to be the key though. As it states maximum timing pulled. These have to be 0. You can send me a copy of your tune if you like.

joelprince@bigpond.com

cheers mate good luck

Joel

alian
September 9th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks Joel. But that is what it is set at already, any other suggestions. By the way did you get your car back together with the smaller cam??
Cheers Ian

swingtan
September 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Hey Ian,

try setting B5156 to "0" and see what effect you have. B5156 is the "Maximum allowed spark retard amount due to knock, torque reduction etc." so it should help.

Along the same lines B5153 could also be adjusted to set the minimum spark timing as a separate control from B5156.

Finally, B5157 gives a final minimum timing MAP to set up. You could look at your logs for the exact RPM vs gm/Cyl points where you get the reductions and adjust this MAP to clip the minimum timing to a specific point.

Simon

alian
September 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hey Ian,

try setting B5156 to "0" and see what effect you have. B5156 is the "Maximum allowed spark retard amount due to knock, torque reduction etc." so it should help.

Along the same lines B5153 could also be adjusted to set the minimum spark timing as a separate control from B5156.

Finally, B5157 gives a final minimum timing MAP to set up. You could look at your logs for the exact RPM vs gm/Cyl points where you get the reductions and adjust this MAP to clip the minimum timing to a specific point.

Simon

Thanks Simon. I can only find B5153 and it is set at 10 but it pulls down to 3 so that dosnt seem to work. Cant find B5156 or 7. Evan with the V2 plugged in.I checked You and I run the same OS but cant find it in yours either. Ian

alian
September 11th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks Simon. I can only find B5153 and it is set at 10 but it pulls down to 3 so that dosnt seem to work. Cant find B5156 or 7. Evan with the V2 plugged in.I checked You and I run the same OS but cant find it in yours either. Ian

Simon has me at least sorted onthe missing parameters.Need to update to later version:doh2:. Thanks Mate

vxchev8
September 12th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks mate. Tried to findD9401, came up not found. It is in a Vz L76. So a differant OS
Ian

{D9401} Torque Management, Upshift found in 2009_Holden_T43.tun

alian
September 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM
{D9401} Torque Management, Upshift found in 2009_Holden_T43.tun

Thanks Mate.Checked my wifes new VE A6 auto tune and there it was.
Ian

vxleather
September 12th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks Mate.Checked my wifes new VE A6 auto tune and there it was.
Ian

HAHAHA...... pluged into the Ve wagon already.... Things have come along way since the VE sedan... where all promises of performancing inhancing benifets described to the wife where met with straight out Death threats if we touched her car :lol:

JezzaB
September 12th, 2008, 10:00 AM
HAHAHA...... pluged into the Ve wagon already.... Things have come along way since the VE sedan... where all promises of performancing inhancing benifets described to the wife where met with straight out Death threats if we touched her car :lol:

I had to do some convincing just to touch the old VE. Now she is hooked :p

joecar
September 12th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I know the story... "Don't mess up the car, you're not a professional..." :rolleyes:

alian
September 12th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Zorst on, like it alot. at least it sounds like it should under throttle.Evan my 10 year old daughter said at least now it sounds like it has some grunt( I kid you not ) Thanks Shane for the hand. Ian

vxleather
September 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM
All good mate... I love the note wagons have when a nice zoorst is palced on them... anytime mate..

If you liek next time I can add to more black line's to the one's in front of your shop if you like in the Wagon.. that way you can hear it under full load...

Would sound awsome mate..