PDA

View Full Version : CMP retard log...please????

hquick
August 28th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Could somebody please post a log showing the pid GM.CMPRET?
I'd like to compare it to mine just to see how much it varies.
Need normal driving, accel, decel different speeds etc....

hquick
August 31st, 2008, 10:58 AM
Anyone :nixweiss: :help:

Aloicious
August 31st, 2008, 07:38 PM
Anyone :nixweiss: :help:

Hey Howard, I've got my laptop at work right now, I'll try to get a log for you of my commute back home if I can. any other PID's that would help you out?

hquick
August 31st, 2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks for that.
I need something to compare to.
Hmm...other pid's....oh...IAC steps?

Aloicious
September 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM
Thanks for that.
I need something to compare to.
Hmm...other pid's....oh...IAC steps?

So I just finished logging it, I didn't get this post until just now, but I think I recorded the IAC steps as well anyways.

the log isn't anything too special, its just my drive home from work, so it might be a kinda long, and there aren't any WOT pulls or anything, but its got a good mix of city stop and go, as well as freeway. my tune's not perfect by any means but hopefully you can get some good info from it. the retard offset had a little bit larger range than I thought it would, looks like for the log it was between -3.something and +2.something with an average of about +1. but at idle it was mostly pretty close to 0.

FYI its a '96 C1500, I'm running the accel billit vortec dizzy which has been in about 6 months ~5k miles.

Lextech
September 1st, 2008, 02:02 AM
I made this log before I knew that you also wanted the IAC steps. It is about 1400 frames and has some boost in it.

Jeff

hquick
September 1st, 2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks guys...
gives me something to do at work today. Lol!

Aloicious
September 2nd, 2008, 03:26 AM
Thanks guys...
gives me something to do at work today. Lol!

besides work of course :grin:

hquick
September 2nd, 2008, 06:35 AM
besides work of course :grin:

Ahhh...cough!..Cough!!!...ahh...yeah...that's what I meant. :hihi:
I see your CMPRET moves around about as much as mine...which makes me feel better (I guess mine's about right).
Jeff....why is yours so far in the negatives?

Lextech
September 2nd, 2008, 07:00 AM

You know how it is Howard---The mechanics car is always the last to get worked on. Actually I need to move the Dizzy 1 tooth to get it where it needs to be. Truck seems to run fine though. I had a little knock retard in the log I sent you. I may have gotten a tank of gas that was not quite what it should have been.

Jeff

Aloicious
September 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Ahhh...cough!..Cough!!!...ahh...yeah...that's what I meant. :hihi:
I see your CMPRET moves around about as much as mine...which makes me feel better (I guess mine's about right).

yeah, I believe there's other factors that come into play with the CMP retard fluctuating slightly when off idle. so I don't think a couple degrees in either directions is abnormal.

also, as far as the IAC steps, I've found there is a big difference between IG and in P/N idle. one being around 10 and the other around 70 for me (I don't have my log with me, so which one is which escapes me).