PDA

View Full Version : Fuel cut at 1000rpm Issue

Scoota
August 29th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I had a strange one on the Dyno yesterday.
After about an hour of tuning a VX with a few stumble and hiccups from the engine intermittently, there was all of a sudden a rev cut that wouldn't allow the engine to go over 1000rpm, like traction control was active. This was only while the wheels were rotating. Stationary it would rev freely.

After spending some time sussing it out, I found that the RR was indicating that the present gear selection was Reverse even though drive was the selected gear.

I then plugged the standard ECU back in and there was no fault, plugged the RR back in and the fault was back. Loaded the stock tune back into the RR and still had the fault.

I then went into {H0114} Maximum Vehicle Speed with RTD Fault and set that to Max. That allowed me to continue tuning.
The other thing to note was the speedo on the dash was showing more than twice the actual speed, the gauge screen was showing the correct speed.

There wasn't enough time on my hands to look into what would cause this but the speedo came back to normal when I took the car for a drive so i'm guessing ABS/Traction Control related.

Anyone else experienced that.

Cheers Scotty.