PDA

View Full Version : VE Smoothing

nonnieselman
September 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hey guys.. my VE Table looks like the Rocky Mountians..
How do you guys smooth it?

Im workin on it but it takes forever to get the spikes out and stuff.. Next i have to Flash this tune in and go check the AFR..

Just lookin for some advice...

Thanks guys!

GMPX
September 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
If it doesn't look smooth don't panic. When using the BEN's sometimes the engine requires little spikes, you will find you hit smooth and then the AFR's go out of whack. Believe the wideband, don't be overly concerned about how the VE table 'looks' (unless it is really messy).

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
September 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
+1.

Post a pic of it.

BlackGMC
September 4th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I paste my BEN's in an interpolation spreadsheet, then I copy the adjusted BENs from the spreadsheet and paste them into the tool... It really helped with the rocky mountain affect I had going on in my tune...

nonnieselman
September 4th, 2008, 09:59 AM
i tried using the interpolation spread sheet awhile back and it threw it all out of wack

Reason i askin this is cause my spark is goin crazy when i get in boost..

Lemme try to get a screen shot real quick.

nonnieselman
September 4th, 2008, 10:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/nonnieselman/Screen%20shots/VE.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/nonnieselman/Screen%20shots/boostve.jpg

5.7ute
September 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Looks like a problem with transient filtering to me.
What is your filter set?

nonnieselman
September 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Looks like a problem with transient filtering to me.
What is your filter set?

Where is this Filter?

5.7ute
September 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM
In the scan tool next to the map configuration buttons(A,B,C etc)
You build a filter to remove transients & apply to the log file before copying & pasting to your tune file. There is a basic filter set in the autoVE tutorial that is a good starting point. Have a search for filters & you will find some more complete sets on this forum.

nonnieselman
September 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
OHHH.. i knew that.. Gah.. I was tryin to think of something in the tune that had to do with Filters..

I have everything from the Tutorial done in my Scan tool. but i did forget to apply them. So thats my first mistake.
When i get home i need to do a FAC and start over with my AutoVE...

Thanks for the help man!

5.7ute
September 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
No worries, hope it goes well for you.
One thing the tutorial doesnt teach you is how to drive during autoVE so you get good data. Only practice will get this right.

nonnieselman
September 4th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Ive found out that putting a few 4wheelers on my brothers 16' Trailer helps a ton.. it loads the turbo in the lower rpms and lets me get the higher vacuum cells with ease..

Ill post up a log and my tune when i get back in town..

Thanks for the help.

joecar
September 5th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Jonathan, good observation... high load at lower RPM's allows you to hit more cells.

Mick/5.7ute has a very good point: driving in a manner that produces good data.

:cheers:

nonnieselman
September 8th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I went to flash a tune on my truck the other night cause i pulled 4* timing out( i havnet gotten around to COS5) to spray at the track.

Well i filled up with gas and got in the truck.. It would fire up but choke out..
Fire up again and if given any throttle it would choke out and struggle to idle

Given, ive been runnin this exact tune for the past couple months with NO changes.. And all of a sudden it wont idle.

I finally found a tune that worked, it was back from July. But i made it home.

My LC1 is acting up so i couldnt check the AFR..

I was so mad, i sat at the gas station for an hour tryin to figure it out. Any ideas?

joecar
September 8th, 2008, 03:53 AM
You may have to re-program your LC-1 using LM Programmer (set it to AFR mode, and set the afr:volt points)...

the LC-1 has been observed to sometimes "forget" it's settings for some reason or other.

nonnieselman
September 8th, 2008, 06:19 AM
You may have to re-program your LC-1 using LM Programmer (set it to AFR mode, and set the afr:volt points)...

the LC-1 has been observed to sometimes "forget" it's settings for some reason or other.

Well i was idling at the track tryin to get it to connect to my V2.. once i got it connected and the right PIDs on my older laptop the voltage was erratic.. 1.2 - 3.8 constantly jumping around. I checked it with my volt meter and it said the same thing.. So i ordered a new one today..