PDA

View Full Version : New LMM update

Nor-Cal Nick
September 4th, 2008, 06:32 AM
can some one point me to the new v2 update so I can use my v2 on a new flashed ecm.

Thanks

LBZRCKS
September 4th, 2008, 12:24 PM
what version software are you running?

Nor-Cal Nick
September 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
:doh2: I don't know but I downloaded a new version earlier. I had a truck come in today that needed to have the tank recal'ed because I installed a Titan and it would not read the ECM. So then I talked to the customer and he said that the truck had been re flashed and this was the first re flashed truck I have seen with my EFI. How can I tell if that was the problem and I fixed my version to work on his truck since he has to drive about a hour to get to me and I don't want to waste his time.

LBZRCKS
September 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
from the tune tool Help>about from the top menu and it will pop out another window with your version and build number

LBZRCKS
September 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
also what was the message it gave you? would it not read the truck or did it read it and give you a message that said unrecognized pcm or something?

Nor-Cal Nick
September 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
it says now 2.4.70 model fs2

Not sure what was before

Yea it almost pulled the PCM then popped a screen that said not compatible or something??

LBZRCKS
September 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
it says now 2.4.70 model fs2

Not sure what was before

Yea it almost pulled the PCM then popped a screen that said not compatible or something??

It should look like this, that info I believe is the firmwire/bootlock stuff from your V2. Even though it is an unmapped tune from an ecm you can still save it and send it to Ross or something and they will map it out. Do you remember anything else about what the message said?

Cougar281
September 4th, 2008, 02:17 PM
You might have to upgrade the bootblock and upgrade to the 2.5.x firmware... but I'm no expert :). I'm not really sure where the LMM support came in or if it requires one of the 2.5.x versions.