PDA

View Full Version : laptop needed for data logging yes or no?

GAMEOVER
September 4th, 2008, 11:47 PM
my laptop broke a couple of days ago and I just received my flashscan V2 Scan & tune yesterday evening!!! Do I need a laptop for datalogging? I have the latest updates downloaded on my PC and the V2 was sent configured for my use...

GAMEOVER
September 5th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Anyone....

ChipsByAl
September 5th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Check out the black box beta forum. http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

TFZ_Z06
September 5th, 2008, 03:01 AM
my laptop broke a couple of days ago and I just received my flashscan V2 Scan & tune yesterday evening!!! Do I need a laptop for datalogging? I have the latest updates downloaded on my PC and the V2 was sent configured for my use...

No, you don't. But, I would get an SD card for memory storage. Also,
You need a laptop to configure the data you want to log, then view the data.

joecar
September 5th, 2008, 03:58 AM
You can do BB logging with V2... you just need to setup the V2 first.

GAMEOVER
September 5th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys, I might need a little direction now and then.....

joecar
September 5th, 2008, 10:23 AM
The first step is to navigate the V2 LCD menu to find the versions of the Bootloader and the Firmware...

start at F4 and go down into the licenses... scroll down and you will see the versions for Bootloader and Firmware.

joecar
September 5th, 2008, 10:25 AM
And welcome to the forum... :cheers:

TAQuickness
September 5th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the forum Gameover. V2 BBL is very nice. At this stage it still takes a bit of manual setup, but it's well worth the effort.

joecar
September 5th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Paul is working at giving it a more ease-of-use gui.

GAMEOVER
September 6th, 2008, 05:03 PM
OK, the blackbox data logging without the laptop is working perfectly and I actually logged (2)WOT runs and played them back on my PC. Now, 1 more(yeah right) Newbie question!!! I finally fixed my laptop so in order to read a stock tune in any efi live supported vehicle, Does the vehicle have to be ON and running? Or OFF and Ignition in ON position? OR?

Thanks in Advance

TFZ_Z06
September 6th, 2008, 05:26 PM
OK, the blackbox data logging without the laptop is working perfectly and I actually logged (2)WOT runs and played them back on my PC. Now, 1 more(yeah right) Newbie question!!! I finally fixed my laptop so in order to read a stock tune in any efi live supported vehicle, Does the vehicle have to be ON and running? Or OFF and Ignition in ON position? OR?

Thanks in Advance

OFF and in KEY ON position.

For Roadrunner, either way.

joecar
September 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM
GAMEOVER, looks like you're having too much fun...:D...glad you got everything working... :cheers:

GAMEOVER
September 7th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Thanks Joecar, It is real fun:hihi: I've still got a long ways to go though...