PDA

View Full Version : dpf question

dynarex
September 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
mildly tuned an 08lmm-all stock
added maybe 75-80 hp turned off egr but left dpf alone and after a week of heavy driving the service dpf comes on in the info center on the dash-get a cel and code 401 comes up
question is can i increase the number of dpf cleanings to compensate for the added soot of the tune?
should i change the temp/pressure sensors?
the guy wants to leave the factory exh intact and not modify anything
thanks to all

The Neens
September 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Same thing happened to me with a stock exhaust '08...I turned the EGR back on and the code quit coming back...Haven't tried any other methods yet...

camcojb
September 13th, 2008, 03:49 AM
mildly tuned an 08lmm-all stock
added maybe 75-80 hp turned off egr but left dpf alone and after a week of heavy driving the service dpf comes on in the info center on the dash-get a cel and code 401 comes up
question is can i increase the number of dpf cleanings to compensate for the added soot of the tune?
should i change the temp/pressure sensors?
the guy wants to leave the factory exh intact and not modify anything
thanks to all

I tried to keep my dpf initially, but with the bigger tunes it's going to set the clean exhaust filter message and hopefully start regen more often. If not, you'll be getting the "reduced engine power". The mileage goes down due to the increased frequency of regens, and is generally a pain in the butt to deal with.

You need a real clean (no smoke) tune to work with the dpf.

Jody

dynarex
September 13th, 2008, 11:27 AM
id like to make a low smoke tune but how the heck can ya tell?