PDA

View Full Version : Scanning TCC MODE

driver456
September 6th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I upgraded from a 97 pcm to a 02 pcm,(Repinned o2 pcm)Since then the TC will not lock up on its own normally.It worked fine w/97 pcm.If I stab the throttle it will lockup sometimes,But most of the time it won't.I made a switch to lock the TC manually and it works and also I can lock it with EFILive bidi controls.I logged TCC MODE and at first it has TCC MODE unknown then TCC MODE AppEn,Then were I think it should say LOCKED it shows in the scan TCC MODE N.It is showing the letter "N" were it should say LOCKED......I think.Its also showing in some spots an R and a P Looks like it s showing what gear.....................Paul

joecar
September 6th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Paul,

I've seen it before... TCCMODE gets it's display values confused with another pid (usually GEAR)...

I've already alerted Paul about that.

Meanwhile, remove the pid from chart, and re-add it... or add it to a different chart.

Joe
:)

driver456
September 6th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks Joe.Now if I can figure out why my TC does not lock up:grin:.............Paul

joecar
September 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Check that the apply tables are higher than the release tables, if you know what I mean.

What OS are you running...?

driver456
September 7th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Those tables are correct and I'm running 12212156 OS.Like I said it started after I upgraded to the 02 pcm.It shifts fine,WOT shifts perfect not like the 97 pcm were it would not shift at all:grin:.It locks up w/Bidi controls and I have a switch that goes to the brown wire w/black stripe and that works.Just won't lock on its own like its suppose to:confused:.....................Paul

joecar
September 8th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Paul,

Check the PCM pins that go to the trans...

check that the pins/wires for these are not swapped:
- TCC solenoid (C2 pin 42),
- TCC PWM solenoid (C2 pin 2).

driver456
September 8th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Dam I just had the pcm out and I put it back in yesterday.I'll have to check it again.I doubt there in the wrong spot ,But ya never know..................Paul