PDA

View Full Version : E38 dvt

PSWired
September 7th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Hello again EFILive crowd.

I'm back after a few years and have a new project that I'm working on. I've sold my 1995 K1500 truck with the 6.0 LQ9 and 4L80e, and reacquired the 1995 Yukon that I had before the pickup. I have installed a 2007 5.3 LMG engine and 6L80e transmission into the Yukon. I'm about ready to start the engine now.

I am using the E38 ECM that came with the 5.3, and have modified the engine harness to integrate with the 6L80e's TCM. The BCM from the 5.3 donor vehicle is also installed in the '95.

First problem is no crank. In order to troubleshoot this I need to know if the ECM is seeing the crank request from the BCM, and why the ECM is not triggering the crank relay. Unfortunately EFILive does not display any state PIDs that would be useful here, such as crank request active.

I know that the ECM needs to see that the transmission is in P/N before it will activate the crank output. Unfortunately, the GEAR PID from the T43 controller doesn't appear to work. It shows 3rd gear no matter what. Other T43 PIDs do seem to work such as transmission fluid temp.

Also unfortunate is that the DVT panel doesn't seem to work for the E38 ECM. I can manually activate the powertrain relay, but the fan relays, crank relay, AFM solenoids, etc. don't respond.

Are these features just not implemented or are there steps I can take to get them working?

Thanks.

Patrick

BTW Harasho and I have almost the same setup we're working on. He is using more of the '07 parts than I am, however.

PSWired
September 7th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Well, it looks like the no-crank problem is due to the P/N switch in the transmission having a bad ground. Unfortunately this ground is provided by the TCM itself and the pin coming out of the module is an open circuit. So looks like it's time for a new TCM. :doh2: