PDA

View Full Version : dead throttle response

farmer79
September 8th, 2008, 12:32 PM
hi everybody

the past three times i have drove my 08 lmm as i am driving down the road just cruising around 55-60 the truck looses power. I then lay into the throttle and it puffs a lil smoke, just kind of a haze but no power still. I can let off and let it coast for a couple of seconds then push on it again and its fine. this happened on three different occasions. Has anyone got any ideas why this happens? Is it in my programming or something else? I havn't changed to a different tune yet. no dpf by the way. thanks

The Neens
September 8th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Post the tune, someone might see what's causing it...

farmer79
September 9th, 2008, 12:05 AM
here is my tune i have been trying to run. I have worked on another one a bit but was wandering, can we make copies of lbz tables and put them into a lmm? would this basically make an lmm into an lbz?

Sparky8370
September 9th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Was it running normally on this tune before? Fuel filter?

farmer79
September 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM
it ran normal on short trips and still does but it seems to be on trips where the throttle stays at nearly the same place for a while, say ten miles or so. I have not changed the filter but it shouldnt take back off with full power. I feel this is programming errors or a throttle position sensor or something electrical

Sparky8370
September 10th, 2008, 07:44 AM
It would be pretty cheap to just change it and eliminate a variable. You say it takes back off with full power. The only way I would eliminate the fuel filter (other than changing it) is if it only did that once.

PS, if you want to eliminate programming errors, return it to stock (other than the dpf since you have that removed) then take it for the same ride you see the symptoms on.

wildonwheels
September 14th, 2008, 05:22 AM
hi everybody

the past three times i have drove my 08 lmm as i am driving down the road just cruising around 55-60 the truck looses power. I then lay into the throttle and it puffs a lil smoke, just kind of a haze but no power still. I can let off and let it coast for a couple of seconds then push on it again and its fine. this happened on three different occasions. Has anyone got any ideas why this happens? Is it in my programming or something else? I havn't changed to a different tune yet. no dpf by the way. thanks

My 06' LLY/LBZ does the same thing.. I talked to Nick about the problem and he stated that some trucks do that with the EGR disabled, as mine as..(He is who I bought from, duramaxtuner.com)

farmer79
September 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I changed to another tune and it has not happened again yet but i have only drove it a few times. I have noticed that the tune I got in now uses lots more fuel and prob not any difference in hp. I think the egr is off on both tunes though.

dynarex
September 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
just as an fyi-an 08lmm i tuned does the same thing-only around 55-60mph with steady throttle
esp worse when cruise control is on-ive done the fuel filter-no change and its also had a new ecm done by the dealer
and still the same

farmer79
September 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM
so do you think its the tune or just the truck? It did this with a stock tune from the gm garage?

farmer79
September 20th, 2008, 03:02 PM
well i have drove it enough now to find that there is an error in the tune somewhere. running just fine for now. now back to hunting for fuel mileage