PDA

View Full Version : Custom Program Idea..

MN C5
September 1st, 2005, 02:51 PM
I know EFI Flashscan can drop a cylinder out to test. Could a custom program do radom dropping of 1 or more cyl at cruise? Kind of like displacement on demand... :shock: Or is this just my knee jerk reaction to spending a 100 bucks to fill up ...lol

mistermike
September 1st, 2005, 02:58 PM
For DoD to really do its thing, you also have to keep the valves of the disabled cylinders open so you don't have to perform work compressing the air contained therin.

wait4me
September 1st, 2005, 03:06 PM
What about a modified operating system to allow "multiple discharged spark output to coil" at a certain rpm range and load, to make the burn more efficient and to produce more power out of the same fuel consumption??

BowlingSS
September 2nd, 2005, 03:50 AM
What about a modified operating system to allow "multiple discharged spark output to coil" at a certain rpm range and load, to make the burn more efficient and to produce more power out of the same fuel consumption??

That sounds good to me. The price of gas here is $3.39 for thr good stuff.

Bill

GMPX
September 3rd, 2005, 01:50 AM

Spark is handled by a chip in the PCM specifically designed to do the job, It would be a hardware limitation, not software.

Cheers,
Ross