PDA

View Full Version : V2 firmware mode

Dynotuner
September 10th, 2008, 08:58 AM
While tuning a Corvette yesterday, my V2 interface box would go into the mode used to reflash firmware each time I plugged it into the car. Unplugging from the car and/or laptop did not reset. I had to go through the Flascan V2 programmer application each time it did this (3 or 4 times during the dyno session). I have not updated to BBL and am still using the fsprog_V2_4_72 firmware file to reflash and get it going again. What would cause this? The CTRL key was definately not pressed when the unit was powered up.

joecar
September 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Dynotuner
September 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks joecar! I was able to get around the issue, but worried about it being something more.

Blacky
September 10th, 2008, 11:06 AM
If FlashScan detects a checksum error in the flash memory it will boot into deadpoll mode.

If the deadpoll mode happens spontaneously and removing power and waiting 10 seconds and reapplying power does not cause a correct bootup, then the flash memory in your FlashScan device may be faulty. Reprogramming will correct the fault but if it happens again I recommend returning your FlashScan unit for repair.

Regards
Paul

Dynotuner
September 10th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks Paul, I'll try it again in my own vehicle and see if it continues to boot into deadpoll mode. Each time that it happened I just went through the reprogramming and was able to continue to use it until the power was removed again.

Repair? Does this mean a trip to NZ? My Flashscan will be real world traveler!

Blacky
September 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Warranty repairs are handled in CA by Fish Tuning. Their contact details on our reseller's web page.

Regards
Paul

joecar
September 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Ira is the forum member who runs Fish Tuning.

http://forum.efilive.com/member.php?u=416