PDA

View Full Version : 9/11/2008 BBL Status

Kevin Doe
September 11th, 2008, 02:38 AM
I have been beta testing the BBL for many months now, but I have been out of the loop for the last two months or so. I do not see any recent threads about an update. The last thing I read was saying the full release will be ready in a week or something, but that was a while ago.

What is the status. What issues are still being worked. What is the timeframe for the full release?

ringram
September 11th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Hey its not november yet mate :)

Back in 11/09/2008 on European date format you can download the public 7.5.4 and 8.1.1 software from http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

Then just use the online update and you will end up with 7.5.4.66 and 8.1.1.35 or something (firmware .20 is out if you online update it)

joecar
September 11th, 2008, 04:11 AM
As Ringram said, the latest files are at http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

Kevin Doe
September 11th, 2008, 06:04 AM
So this is a full installable release? Is it still beta software?

ringram
September 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I think BBL is still beta, but the software isnt... AFAIK

8.1 can be used for other stuff like flash page updates etc. Though I did see Paul recommend someone else upgrading to the BBL firmware so maybe it is full release..

You can be pretty confident its ok though. Its been out a while now.

joecar
September 11th, 2008, 08:19 AM
It's an installable release, it's still beta but appears stable... you still have to use EE for V2 BBL.

Kevin Doe
September 11th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Is there a release thread about this? I cannot seem to find it. Right now the most current release is one where you'd open a .zip and overwrite files. I'm looking for some step by step instructions on what I should do from there to get to the most current software.

I'd hate to brick my flashscan doing something stupid wiht the firmware/software, etc.

TAQuickness
September 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
According to Paul, the download on the main page contains a readme of sorts for updating V2's firmware. If you're only 2 months behind, I think it's just a firmware update for you.

Kevin Doe
September 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM
According to Paul, the download on the main page contains a readme of sorts for updating V2's firmware. If you're only 2 months behind, I think it's just a firmware update for you.

You were right. All I had to do was DL and install all the new software, and copy my files back over into the right folders, then update the firmware on the flashscan unit. That was easy.