PDA

View Full Version : E38 PIDS not working right

XLR8NSS
September 12th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I have noticed while trying to get my 2 bar setup to work that a few PIDS don't seem to display data at all or don't seem to have the correct range.

First is E38.INVLVTMP_DMA. All I get for this value while scanning the PID is 0.

Second is E38.INJPDELTA_DMA. I had a 2 bar MAP sensor that was scaled correctly and running the 2 bar VVET. While the MAP data would show above 100kpa this PID would not go below 400kpa. It's like it was not using the actual MAP data over 100kpa.

Third is E38.AFRATIO_DMA. Again, all I get showing while scanning this PID is 0.

I am not sure if it's an OS problem, EFILive software problem, mixture of the two, etc.

Maybe this is the reason my 2bar VVET setup was not working right. Anyone have any ideas about the PIDS? You other E38 guys do your PIDS show valid data?

Thanks

BTW, since I mentioned the OS it is # 12618277

XLR8NSS
September 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Bueller?.......... :D

Black02SS
September 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I am using the latest release and can see values for the above. Different OS though. FYI

XLR8NSS
September 14th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Thanks, I am on the latest builds also with a fresh install from scratch just recently.

GMPX
September 14th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Bueller?.......... :D

Time zone differences will do that, it was Saturday here when you posted.
I'll recheck the data for that OS, but it seems too coincidental that all the DMA's are showing zero, the odds of that happening are low.

Edit:
Download the attached zip file and extract it in to the folder -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

Please let us know how it goes after doing that.

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
September 14th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I have the same issues...

GMPX
September 14th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I have the same issues...

Same OS?, try the file I posted.

Cheers,
Ross

XLR8NSS
September 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Time zone differences will do that, it was Saturday here when you posted.
I'll recheck the data for that OS, but it seems too coincidental that all the DMA's are showing zero, the odds of that happening are low.

Edit:
Download the attached zip file and extract it in to the folder -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

Please let us know how it goes after doing that.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Ross, I was just bored and needed to post. :D

I didn't check all the E38 PIDS just the ones listed above. I did try to log E38.CYLA_KNK_DMA once and it locked up the scanner, guess I should post these issues when I find them huh. :doh2:

XLR8NSS
September 14th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Ok, all the PIDS seem to work now. The lock up issue seems to be just too many PIDS selected. I'll have to keep an eye on the count from now on.

Thanks Ross

XLR8NSS
September 14th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I need to hook the 2 bar MAP back up and see if E38.INJPDELTA_DMA will read below 400kpa

GMPX
September 14th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I need to hook the 2 bar MAP back up and see if E38.INJPDELTA_DMA will read below 400kpa

If it logs ok with the 1 bar MAP then it's not a scanner issue, if it's still stuck with the 1bar then it might be.

Cheers,
Ross