PDA

View Full Version : auto ve question

Aint Skeered
September 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I am setting up to do a auto ve on a 98 trans am . after getting the ben map where I want it, the next part of the tutoral says to return to closed loop , speed density. This part is not needed unless you want to run speed density right? I plan on hooking back up the maf on this car.

:help2:

redhardsupra
September 12th, 2008, 11:34 PM
no, by default you run a hybrid SD/MAF, so if you tune MAF only and go back to stock mode, the car will buck and hesitate the moment you do something that normally the computer would use SD for.

Aint Skeered
September 13th, 2008, 05:46 AM
ok now i am confused. I am doing the auto ve in speed density , I just went for a long drive and collected over 10,000 frames . I set up my map and filter, applied the filter and when I copy with labels and past and multipy with labels the ve tabel gets a lot of mountains in it. SHould I smoothen them individually or just smoothen the whole table?

this is my first attempt at auto ve so bare with me.

I am attaching the auto ve, then the log and the autove_test 1 is after I paste and multiply.
IF you all could look at it and let me know what should be done extra, I would appreciate it.

joecar
September 13th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Are you applying the map filter...?
Are you driving with smooth throttle application (to generate "good" data)...?

Aint Skeered
September 14th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Joe I was trying to give very little throttle on all but a few take offs and I kept going up and down in speed in different gears.

Aint Skeered
September 14th, 2008, 01:01 AM
also need to turn off skipshift. would that be D0404? if so what should I move it to?

CoryF
September 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM
"CARS/CAGS" aka skip shift can be disabled by setting {D0401} and {D0402} to Disable. That will disable the skip shift crap and the lamp in the cluster wont come on anymore.

-CoryF

Aint Skeered
September 16th, 2008, 11:15 PM
not in the 98, All I can see to do is move the mph that it activates and max mph to allow it to work. SHould I zero these out?

VTC_WS6
September 17th, 2008, 02:11 AM
It's inevitable that you'll develop some peaks and valleys, especially if the vehicle in question has substantially modified airflow characteristics i.e. bigger cam, heads etc..

A little smoothing (not so much as to completley dillute the effects of the VE changes) and additional logging should take care of it. I know it takes me like 6-10 logs, each roughly 10 mins or so of driving till I'm happy with a 97-99% VE scale.

CoryF
September 17th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I don's know about the 98 but my 01 has a setting called CARS Max Throttle Enable I would just change this to like 1 ish. That way it would never be enabled.
As you select setting there is a Description of what it does. I am guessing that when the computer goes to enable the skip shift it is going to check all of the parameters, so as long as one of them is false it will not be enabled. So all you would have to do is change one of those settings so that it will never be true.

-Cory F

Aint Skeered
September 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks . I will get the car back from him to do some more tuning later. I did get the ve table a lot closer then it was and after plugging in the completely stock maf, it drove really nice. VTC WS6, I did do a few logs and smoothen to get it closer . It is not great but the stock maf picked up the rest.

Ninety8C5
September 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM
also need to turn off skipshift. would that be D0404? if so what should I move it to?

D0407 CARS Coolant Temp Enable = 253' F, works for my 98 C5.

Aint Skeered
September 18th, 2008, 02:14 AM
I also was looking at that later and thought to move it way up. I will have to do that as he is happy with the way the car is running but I did not get the skipshift off before finding giving back the car.