PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 09 Envoy

Sparky8370
September 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Not sure if this is the right section or not. This looked like the ECM that was in the drop down menu.
My wife called me today to say that all the lights on the dash were on, and went on to say that the windows and door locks were not working either. So as far as I can guess there was a problem with the bcm/dim. I tried reading it with efi but I couldn't (although I did forget all about onstar- I wasn't trying to program though, just read) I then used the V2 to clear DTC's, even though there weren't any. Then it wouldn't even start after that. So I disconnected the battery and let it drain a while, then touched the wires togather for a bit. Then I reconnected it and everything was fine. Good thing to because it's going to rain tonight and the window was down, and wouldn't go back up until it was fixed. So anybody else having problems with these? I'm really interested to see if there are any GM techs that have seen this problem or a TSB for it.

GMPX
September 14th, 2008, 01:28 PM
The 2009 Envoy should be using an E67 ECM FYI.
As for the other issues, not sure on that one.

Cheers,
Ross

Sparky8370
September 14th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I'll have to take a better look at it. I didn't think it was right because after I checked I saw a post of yours saying they wouldn't be used on 08&^ models, or something to that effect.
The weird part is that it wouldn't start after using the V2 to clear DTCs and system readiness. Oh well, at least it was an easy fix.