PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Post injection on LBZ

LBZoom
September 14th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone,
I've read on this forum that you can disable the post injection cycle to increase fuel efficiency and that it is only in place for emissions purposes... I've messed around with it, but I was curious, should I be setting the table values to 0 or setting them to the minimum amount possible? I assume that if I set them to 0 it will disable it...same thing for disabling the EGR for a blocker plate right? Thanks guys!

GMPX
September 14th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Nothing to worry about on the LBZ, the 'post' injection is only used with the LMM, did you mean pilot injection?, LBZ has that.

Cheers,
Ross

dynarex
September 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
gm told me the post inj event is used on the l bz
and i also know when i dis abled it the egt did go down a little
its only used for soot control on the lbz and dpf on the lmm
this is from a duramax ecm calibrator (my cousin)

LBZoom
September 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Okay, I guess I was a little confused because there is a table in my ecm for post injections 1 and 2...1 has no values entered in the table, 2 however has values entered in the table which made me think that they were in use. I'll take your word on it Ross because I know you're the man! :cheers: Hypothetically though if it was in use, would entering a value of zero prevent the cycle from occuring?

GMPX
September 15th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Don't take my word on that 100%!, I am basing it on the fact I've never seen a log file where the post appears to ever be active, more than happy to be shown otherwise.

dynarex
September 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Okay, I guess I was a little confused because there is a table in my ecm for post injections 1 and 2...1 has no values entered in the table, 2 however has values entered in the table which made me think that they were in use. I'll take your word on it Ross because I know you're the man! :cheers: Hypothetically though if it was in use, would entering a value of zero prevent the cycle from occuring?

to answer the question-yes set them all to 0-will disable it
also note the egt drop at part throttle driving

The Neens
September 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
to answer the question-yes set them all to 0-will disable it
also note the egt drop at part throttle driving

dynarex has proven this for us...I did it, you can do so at your own risk...

tinman22
September 23rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
I can confirm dynarex's findings as I have done this as well.

Donovan
October 20th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I did it, you can do so at your own risk...

What is the risk? I have been running like this for over a year with no problems.

The Neens
October 20th, 2008, 07:34 PM
What is the risk? I have been running like this for over a year with no problems.

I haven't had any problems either...Anytime we modify our vehicles, we're taking a risk, that's all I meant

LBZ
October 31st, 2008, 12:12 AM
Since my truck was new I have ran it with post set to 0. No problems. EGT's down. Only risk is of plugging up the DPF if you have not removed it on the LMM's.

Haulinbass02
January 1st, 2009, 12:23 AM
I am new to this site and considering EFI Live very strongly.
I noticed this thing about post injection. How much lower did the EGTs come out and what kind of mileage gain did you guys realize out of disabling it? I am looking at anything I can do to increase power, mileage and lower the EGTs cause when I took my 15k pound 5er to Colorado last summer, it was a little scary on the passes with high EGTs (even with intake and exhaust) I couldn't run the PPE over 40 hp and disabling the added fuel without the EGTs spiking near 1450 on a long pass. Thanks for any help.

LBZ
January 1st, 2009, 12:56 AM
Actual numbers vary from truck to truck. Myself about 50 deg less and maybe a 1/2mpg gain. It is just to easy to not do it with EFI. IMO every little bit helps.

With EFI, you get the advantage of a little more custom tuning allowing you to change your tunes to control EGT's.

Myself towing 10K through the mountains, I never pass 1350Deg with my tow tune.

Haulinbass02
January 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread, but how hard is EFI Live to learn? My guess is that the software is not hard to use but that learning the parameters and what they do is the tough part?
My biggest concern is getting a great tune, great power, better mileage and then limping my tranny cause I didn't realize how much power I was making. Is there anything in the program than can tell me roughly how much power I am putting out? Other than tuning on a dyno, how would you know how much your tuning is affecting the power output? I really want to get EFI Live but am kinda scared of over doing it with my truck and breaking something.

8100 Power
January 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread, but how hard is EFI Live to learn? My guess is that the software is not hard to use but that learning the parameters and what they do is the tough part?
My biggest concern is getting a great tune, great power, better mileage and then limping my tranny cause I didn't realize how much power I was making. Is there anything in the program than can tell me roughly how much power I am putting out? Other than tuning on a dyno, how would you know how much your tuning is affecting the power output? I really want to get EFI Live but am kinda scared of over doing it with my truck and breaking something.

Find a Vendor you like and they can help you, they will also include a nice tow tune for you.