PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, 2000 to 2002 os,twin turbo,3 bar,low imp,I am lost!!

nitrorocket
September 2nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
I have version 7.2 Flashscan.

I have a 2000 347" ls1 with:
-Twin turbos
-96 lb/hr low imp injectors & driver
-45 psi fuel pressure.
-3 bar map.
-Mafless
-lc1 wide band.
-No VTD.

Unfortunatly I never had an ls1 before so I wasn't able to learn with a stock motor, I am now stuck with 0 knowledge and a crazy turbo setup.

I have no clue what I am doing. I can't start the car because I cannot figure out what to do! PLEASE HELP ME!

I want the latest software for better 3 bar and turbo tuneability, and I think I should flash my pcm from a 2000 to a 2002??? Custom #3 O.S.????

Can anybody somehow help me get up and running. I mostly need help with getting the pcm and software all updated. What should I do?

I COULD EVEN PAY SOMEONE IF THEY CAN SOMEHOW SET ME UP WITH WHAT I NEED TO GET UP AND RUNNING CORRECTLY. I CAN FINISH THE TUNE.

wait4me
September 2nd, 2005, 06:43 PM
What size cam? how much boost. I will post a couple shortly, Remember, these will just be a starter for the combos, the fuel must be checked.

nitrorocket
September 2nd, 2005, 06:59 PM
I will run about 15-20 psi of boost. Depends on how the car acts.
The cam is a single pattern hydraulic .581 lift and 224 duration with a 114 lobe sep. Its on the mild side I would say.

Do I have to download version 7.3? do I have to download a 2002 o.s.? Do I have to download version 3 Custom o.s.? What do I need and what don't I. :(

Tydriver
September 2nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
I'm afraid I cant offer alot of information to help you out.. But I am curious how you are managing to run 96# low impy injects on the stock PCM ?

I wasnt able to find a conversion for them without installing an additional conversion box and I am limited to 60# mototronics (sp ?) injectors.. Please share your secret !! :wink:

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 01:04 AM
I am running a driver, I listed that with the injectors. It is made by Acceleronics.

ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO FOR ME?? I GUESS I WILL JUST START HACKING AWAY!

GMPX
September 3rd, 2005, 01:05 AM
Nitrorocket, what a combo to test the LS1 tuning waters with!!.

O.K, sounds like Jesse is kindly on the case, but here's some suggestions from me.

You could run any of the V3 O.S's, I would go maybe for 02030003, that will give you a good range of base factory tunes to start on based on the common 2002 GM program, use a Camaro tune as a suggestion.
There is a few Injector calculators out on the internet, John Skibia on this forum has a very good one for Excel (costs a few bucks).
Of course you will need to go through the custom O.S pdf file a few times to get your head around what needs to be done to setup for 3 bar.
Also, at first run no more than say 12 - 15deg of timing under power until you get the fueling right.

Good luck, and as always throw plenty of questions, someone will usually know the answer. However, you must keep in mind, you are the one tuning the car, what people offer as free advice is just that.
It's going to be a tough combo when done, what are you hoping for?, maybe 600Hp+ at the wheels?.
The other option which you did suggest is pay someone to tune the WOT stuff for you so you know the car will be safe and then you can sort out the drivability issues (which is what takes time anyway). A good tuner would probably have that combo tuned at WOT in a few hours. It might be money well spent if you are not 100% confident you can do it.

Cheers,
Ross

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 01:21 AM
With that "02030003" do I need anything else? Do I need version 7.3, do I need the '02 reflash? I have the Commercial program.

I cannot afford a tune, but have enough to pay someone who know, some cash to send me a ready to run turbo setup that I can tweek to get perfect. Like with timing tables preadjusted, 3 bar tables setup, injector tables adjusted, latest upgrades, ETC.

Jesse got me all excited at about 2a.m. and then I havent heard from him. :cry: He is who I bought the Flashscan through. He is a good guy! :wink:

GMPX
September 3rd, 2005, 02:09 AM
With that "02030003" do I need anything else? Do I need version 7.3, do I need the '02 reflash? I have the Commercial program.

I cannot afford a tune, but have enough to pay someone who know, some cash to send me a ready to run turbo setup that I can tweek to get perfect. Like with timing tables preadjusted, 3 bar tables setup, injector tables adjusted, latest upgrades, ETC.

Jesse got me all excited at about 2a.m. and then I havent heard from him. :cry: He is who I bought the Flashscan through. He is a good guy! :wink:

Jesse is a good guy who works 25hrs a day, I'd rather not get a starter tune from someone at 2am :wink:

V7.3 is your best bet, plus you get the latest .cal files with more tables!!.
See how you go with Jesse, if nothing comes of it (like I said, he works 25hrs a day) as a once off I might try to come up with something for you that can then be shared on the forum.
Did I read somewhere the car is already tuned?.

Cheers,
Ross

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 02:54 AM
My motor had an N/A tune. It really does'nt matter if I just overwrite it. It does me no good with my turbos.

All I am waithing on to start the car is a balpark setup tune. I can't wait any longer, I can't take the waiting!! :cry:

right now, I am going to download version 7.3
-Then download the 2002 # 3 custom O.S.
-Then download the 2002 base tune file?(Do I need this?)
-Change some things like rear o2's and such
-Fire it up???

I have heard absolutly nothing from Jesse? I think he got tired and forgot.

bink
September 8th, 2005, 01:46 PM
My motor had an N/A tune. It really does'nt matter if I just overwrite it. It does me no good with my turbos.

All I am waithing on to start the car is a balpark setup tune. I can't wait any longer, I can't take the waiting!! :cry:

right now, I am going to download version 7.3
-Then download the 2002 # 3 custom O.S.
-Then download the 2002 base tune file?(Do I need this?)
-Change some things like rear o2's and such
-Fire it up???

I have heard absolutly nothing from Jesse? I think he got tired and forgot.

Any news on this twin turbo missile??

Cheers,
joel

nitrorocket
September 9th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I am still working out the tune. It is going pretty good. Boy this setup is fast!

bink
September 9th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I am still working out the tune. It is going pretty good. Boy this setup is fast!

Could you describe the TT in more detail?? Who did the setup??
Cheers,
joel

nitrorocket
September 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
The turbo setup was designed to make big power on pumpgas. I designed and built it myself. I am completely new to the F.I. and LS1 scene, but this is what I whipped up! Is there anyone else with a twin turbo setup with this software? Here is the lowdown.

· 347” LS1
· BILLET RODS
· FORGED 8:1 COMPRESSION PISTONS
· COMP .581, 224 DURATION CAM
· LS6 INTAKE
· 96 LB INJECTORS WITH ACCELERONICS INJECTOR DRIVER
· 3 BAR MAP
· STOCK PCM WITH EFILIVES LATEST V7.3 DOWNLOAD AND 2002 CUSTOM O.S. WITH THE 3 BAR SETUP.
· TURBO 400 TRANS
· 4000 9” STALL CONVERTER
· TWIN 60-1 HI-FI-TURBOS WITH .68 A/R RATIO’S
· 1500 CFM SPEARCO INTERCOOLER
· 321 STAINLESS 1.75” HEADERS AND 3” DUAL EXHAUST

joecar
September 10th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Chevelles are wonderful cars with LOTS of room in engine bay (and everywhere else); very cool cars.

Very professional looking install. Good work.

Did you weld the stainless tubing yourself...?

How do you keep the car on the ground...?

8)

nitrorocket
September 10th, 2005, 06:28 AM
I welded the headers myself.

I now have a problem with the map sensor? As soon as I hit 1psi. It is maxed out according to the das and the motor falls on its face? I racalibrated it to 287 with motor off to read with 100 kpa with motor not running. What is the deal?

GMPX
September 10th, 2005, 09:53 AM
I welded the headers myself.

I now have a problem with the map sensor? As soon as I hit 1psi. It is maxed out according to the das and the motor falls on its face? I racalibrated it to 287 with motor off to read with 100 kpa with motor not running. What is the deal?

Are you logging SAE.MAP?
Have you populated the Boost VE table?.

Cheers,
Ross

Scoota
September 10th, 2005, 10:03 AM

Hi Nittorocket,
Have you by any chance set-up your boosted VE table.
When you say it is maxed out, are you monitoring your boost with 2-3 bar gauge in the scan tool or the SAE map?

Cheers Scotty.

Edit: You just beat me to it Ross.

nitrorocket
September 10th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Well, I have everything setup as per the 2/3 bar tutorial. What is going on is, when I watch the boost gauge, As soon as it hits 0 psi on my Eboost, the motor falls on its face like its on a rev limiter. I checked the rev limiter and even turned it off! Did not work When idleing, it shows like 190'ish MAP kpa on the 3 bar map gauge, and will peg at 0 psi. So basically at atmospheric pressure The map gauge is pegged and logged 400 something kpa. That is super high! Some kind of setting or calibration is incorrect.

And I have double checked everything!
The Boost map is completely populated.

I am thinking it must be a problem with either the map sensor, or the map scaling? I have irt at 287 to be 100 kpa with key on, engine off.
IT'S LIKE ITS USING THE ENTIRE 3 BAR RANGE OF THE MAP SENSOR FOR 1 BAR?

What should the map kpa gauge show at idle? 0?

Please help!

GMPX
September 11th, 2005, 12:23 AM
For the benefit of others here, I've been talking with Nitro via Email and he sent me the tun file and log file from he's current setup.
Nitro had set the MAP and Boost VE table up fine, but what I saw from the log file was as soon as MAP hit about 110 - 115 kPa the timing dropped from about 17 to -7 and less. That is why this thing was falling over under boost.

So, luckily I can run these PCM's up on the bench :)
So once I flashed in the tun I needed to see what was causing this massive timing reduction, of course it was torque managment, actually, transmission torque mnagement was pulling about 20degrees of timing out (GM.EST_XMSN_DMA).
The easy fix is to zero table {B1902} and set {B6619} & {B6620} to max.
Problem solved, now it holds the timing steady all the way upto 285kPa.
I'll Email you the changed file Nitro and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Ross

curtbriggs
September 11th, 2005, 04:53 AM
[quote="GMPX"]For the benefit of others here, I've been talking with Nitro via Email

That explains the gaps in the 7.3 down load questions. I was having the same problems as I'm only a dumb ass ex fighter pilot.

Ross, glad to see you jump in with all the help, you're a good chap.

Cheers, Curt

Blacky
September 12th, 2005, 05:34 PM
as I'm only a dumb ass ex fighter pilot.

Too cool - really? :shock: :shock:

Paul