PDA

View Full Version : cannot open file

1hotduramax
September 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Ok, so i just get my efi live.

Software downloads fine

Hooked cable and registered fine.

Went to read ecm from truck, and error comes up when i try to start tune tool.
Error cannot open file C:\EFILive\v7.5\user configuration\calc_pids.txt.

the system cannot find the file specified.

when i click ok, the software closes.
anyone have any ideas????

1hotduramax
September 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I don't know maybe I should get a new laptop. this one is hooked up to our network at the company i work at. Maybe all the software is getting written to a drive on the server or something??

If i get a different laptop will my tune tool be able to register again ?
I cant even remove the software to reload it.

mr.prick
September 16th, 2008, 03:26 PM
have you altered or deleted this file?
if you made a calc.pid wrong this will happen.

joecar
September 16th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Which version of EFILive are you using (7 or 7.5), and which build (Help->About)...?

What is the User Configuration folder shown under Edit->Properties->Folders in the scantool...?

Actually... the User Configuration folder should not be "C:\EFILive\v7.5\user configuration" like you have it...

It should be: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration (you browse to here to set it).

swingtan
September 16th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Depending on your company laptop setup, you may be running a "Roaming Profile" with a restricted quota for off line use. We run one here and it's a fair pain to keep EFILive running through some updates.

What happens is that EFILive makes use of the local user area of the hard disk, that gets shown "My Documents". However, many companies will force your "My Documents" area to be be part of the corporate LAN. This not only protects your data by backing it up every night, but helps to prevent the loss of company information if you loose the laptop. For these machines, you can have some "off-line" access to some documents, but only as configured by the company, which won't have EFILive as part of the list.

If you really want to play around, you can alter the registry settings for all the file locations and point them to another location that is separated from the user profile. I've done this to get around the problem, but you need to be fairly clued up on the task. It's not something the average home user should do.

It would actually be nice to be able to specify the location for the user files at install time to get past this problem. But for now I have it working so don't complain too much.

Simon

1hotduramax
September 17th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I think you're right about the company lan setup swingtan, it seemed that this software worked for a day or two, then this stuff is missing.

Time for a dedicated laptop.

Thanks for all your help guys.