PDA

View Full Version : 2000 to 2002 os,twin turbo,3 bar,low imp,custom os,Im lost!!

nitrorocket
September 2nd, 2005, 06:06 PM
I have version 7.2 Flashscan.

I have a 2000 347" ls1 with:
-Twin turbos
-96 lb/hr low imp injectors & driver
-45 psi fuel pressure.
-3 bar map.
-Mafless
-lc1 wide band.
-No VTD.
-.581 lift cam with 224 duration, hydraulic.
-15-20 psi max.

Unfortunatly I never had an ls1 before so I wasn't able to learn with a stock motor, I am now stuck with 0 knowledge and a crazy turbo setup.

I have no clue what I am doing. I can't start the car because I cannot figure out what to do! PLEASE HELP ME!

I want the latest software for better 3 bar and turbo tuneability, and I think I should flash my pcm from a 2000 to a 2002??? Custom #3 O.S.????

Can anybody somehow help me get up and running. I mostly need help with getting the pcm and software all updated. What should I do?

Do I have to download version 7.3? Do I have to download a 2002 o.s.? Do I have to download version 3 Custom o.s.? What do I need and what don't I. I am so confused on what to download and I dont want to screw it up. Tried to download 7.3, but I can't get it right. I just don't get it! Doc file? Where? Do I completely overwtight or just add to the old files?

I COULD EVEN PAY SOMEONE IF THEY CAN SOMEHOW SET ME UP WITH WHAT I NEED TO GET UP AND RUNNING CORRECTLY. I CAN FINISH THE TUNE.

mistermike
September 3rd, 2005, 12:02 AM
What tune is the car currently running and what package was used to tune it? If the original tune was applied to a normal operating system with all the kPa stuff divided by 3, then you should be able to read it with EFI Live. You'll need the Commercial version to do a full flash to install the new custom "003" operating systems, or you can work with what you've got. The PDF doc for installing 2/3 bar operating systems will get you to some safe preliminary settings, but if you're current tune is 3 bar applied to a normal O/S, then you'll have to re scale some stuff.

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 12:13 AM
The motor and pcm was tuned by speed inc. (BEFORE THE LOW COMPRESSION AND TURBOS), When the original owner had it. I am guessing with Edit or Hptuner.

Is this right? Should I:

(1)-Hook up and save a copy of current tune? (I DID THAT ALREADY)

(2)-Then should I try to download Version 7.3 AND OR the custom level #3 custom O.S. and the 2002 reflash program. Do I need the 7.3 upgrade and custom O.S. download?

(3)-Rescale injector table for injectors?

(4)- Somehow change a bunch of setting with the Map tables to get it to run? (I am lost here also).

Anyone?

Blacky
September 3rd, 2005, 08:39 AM
Tried to download 7.3, but I can't get it right. I just don't get it! Doc file? Where? Do I completely overwtight or just add to the old files?

http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2116

mistermike
September 3rd, 2005, 01:41 PM
If you can download the tune from your PCM, it was written in a standard O/S. If not, EFI Live will interpret it as a locked PCM. 2-3 bar tunes using unscaled MAP sensors are a chore to translate into the newer systems, whether HPT or EFI Live. I have some *cough* first hand *cough* experience here. It seems that it would have had to have been re tuned since the addition of the turbos and 3 bar MAP. Jim at Speed Inc. is an experienced and very talented 2-3 bar tuner. I sure wish they had EFI Live.