PDA

View Full Version : Problem with EFIlive and TCM

Rvettej
September 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Just wanting to know if you can connect the EFIlive to the TCM in a 2007 Vette it has the automatic trans with Paddle shifts. I would like to change the shift points if possible but haven't been able to do anything to it. Can someone help?:confused:

kbracing96
September 20th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Just wanting to know if you can connect the EFIlive to the TCM in a 2007 Vette it has the automatic trans with Paddle shifts. I would like to change the shift points if possible but haven't been able to do anything to it. Can someone help?:confused:

As long as you have a V2, should be as simple a selecting that controller type after you click on the green read arrow. Make your changes to the trans tables and reflash the TCM. Make sure your software is up to date, so you have the proper cal files. :)

Rvettej
September 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the reply, would you happen to know which trans I have (T43,T42,etc.)? I kept getting an error after connecting to the TCM and I have the Commerical V2. Currently I'm out of town, later this week I will return home and see what I can come up with again.

kbracing96
September 20th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Vette's have the 6 speed right? Should be the T43. :) Again, make sure you have the latest software build.

Rvettej
September 22nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
I believe its a six speed haven't really checked and I don't use the paddle shifts. But the T43 is what I was guessing myself. What is the latest software? I downloaded the V7.5.

kbracing96
September 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
I believe its 7.5.4 build 66

Rvettej
September 23rd, 2008, 01:01 AM
How do you check the version? I tried to download the version you mentioned above and it asked if I wanted to replace the file V7.5.4.66, so I said no. but I can only find it as V7.5 and my computer. I'm sure I have the right one because I just installed the software about 3 weeks ago.

kbracing96
September 23rd, 2008, 02:33 AM
You should have the most resent then, although it usually never hurt to load over the existing version you have with what it thinks is the same thing.

To answer your question about looking to see what version you have, you just open the tune tool, click on the help tab in the upper tool bar then click on the about tab and it will tell you what version you currently have.

Rvettej
September 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM
I checked, it is the correct version but I will install it again. I should be home this Friday and see what I can do again. I will let you know what I can come up with on the Trans. And thanks again for your help I really appreciate it.

Rvettej
September 26th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks it I finally got it connected, it was the T43. I now have a bigger problem maybe you can help me. I bought the car used with 13,000 miles and the engine light was on and the dealer fixed it by replacing the passenger side Cat (code PO420) now after putting long tube headers, x-pipe and exhaust the car feels sluggish with low RPM and has the sound of clattering or pinging around the headers, after about 100 miles on the car with these upgrades the engine light came on again today and now the code is (PO430) sounds like the driver side now but has new high flow cats.....I dont know what to do.

ssvolvo
September 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
It's not uncommon for headers to make a tinny sound that stock manifolds don't make. Any car I've put headers on seems to do this. Might have to do with sound insulating qualities of cast iron versus light guage tubing.

Log knock retard while you are hearing the noise. See if the ECM is pulling spark.

I have homemade long tubes on my car and high flow cats. Dynomax from Summit. They are junk. They flow well but checked with a 5 gas they certainly are not doing a very good job of removing hydrocarbons.

In the past I've used Random Technology bullets and they work MUCH better than the cheapos I bought from Dynomax. They are twice as much money though. Now we know why.

Even with those cheap cats my heads/mild cam 346 has only thrown that po4?0 on one occasion in 4000 miles. When it did I was doing a large amount of around town driving. I suppose you could just delete the code so it doesn't come on at all. Maybe modify your Cat monitering tables up just a touch so your engine keeps the cats warmer during the test period.

Is the car at a loss for power while you are hearing the noises?

joecar
September 27th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Thanks it I finally got it connected, it was the T43. I now have a bigger problem maybe you can help me. I bought the car used with 13,000 miles and the engine light was on and the dealer fixed it by replacing the passenger side Cat (code PO420) now after putting long tube headers, x-pipe and exhaust the car feels sluggish with low RPM and has the sound of clattering or pinging around the headers, after about 100 miles on the car with these upgrades the engine light came on again today and now the code is (PO430) sounds like the driver side now but has new high flow cats.....I dont know what to do.Seems the dealer got the cats/codes swapped...

P0420 -> bank 1 -> LHS
P0430 -> bank 2 -> RHS

If your motor is knocking (detonating, pre-igniting), you will hear a distinct sound when accelerating or under load... "popping corn"... is this what you hear...? And as ssvolvo said, log KR to see if PCM detects knocking.

Rvettej
October 6th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Sorry for the long response guys, but yes the car is sluggish (mainly under light throttle from idle to around 3000 RPM) when hearing these noises and "popping corn" not really its more of a "ticking" sound and its not tiny its big and very noticeable. How would I log KR and see if it detects knocks? (remember I'm a Newbie @ the EFIlive stuff).

Rvettej
October 7th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Problem solved small header leak finally found around a primary tube and flange. Kooks need to weld all the way around the primary tubes.

joecar
October 7th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Cool... glad you found it... :cheers: ... that would explain the ticking sound.

How bad was the leak...? Pictures...?

Rvettej
October 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry joecar, it was fixed today I guess I should have looked on here first or just thought to take some pics. But it was very small, leaking mainly from where it was welded on the inside around the tube. I'm thinking of having the other side welded too just to have it look like the other side, even though you can't tell unless someone pointed it out. If I do(thinking about it this weekend) I will take some before and after pics, so keep checking on here for some pics. Thanks