PDA

View Full Version : Installed 2bar but dashboard is borked

SS2win
September 3rd, 2005, 03:22 AM
When I installed the new sensor I setup the scalar to 196 so that it read 59.8 just like the one bar but the 2bar gage on the dashboard reads 202kpa at key on and 59kpa at idle. I seem to recall something about this but I cant find it. what did I miss.

Blacky
September 3rd, 2005, 09:43 AM
Where does your 2-bar gauge get its "data" from?
From the PCM via class-2 bus or from a voltage feed directly from the MAP sensor?

Paul

SS2win
September 3rd, 2005, 11:40 AM
I changed the guage Parameter to "Manifold Absolute Pressure - 2 Bar (kPa)".

Blacky
September 3rd, 2005, 12:16 PM
I changed the guage Parameter to "Manifold Absolute Pressure - 2 Bar (kPa)".

Don't I feel stupid right now, I though you meant a real gauge on your real dashboard.

With EFILive's custom operating systems you should be able to just log the normal {SAE.MAP} and still see boost. The {GM.MAP} will remain be pegged at 105 under boost (I think). There is something about it in the custom OS upgrade tutorial.

The "2 Bar" PID that you are using is for when you are running 2-bar with the stock GM calibration.

Paul

SS2win
September 4th, 2005, 06:14 AM
hehehe.. My wife was yelling "lets go" (get off the frigging computer!!) while I was writing the original questions so I wasn't real clear about what guage.

so leave the parameter alone just rescale? I'll try that tomorrow. Today is get lost in the swamp day... off to feed the 4x4 addiction.

mistermike
September 4th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Don't feel bad. I fell into the same "gotcha" with the GM PID. SAE PID rocks.