PDA

View Full Version : making a custom cable

acrider2
September 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM
I was thinking about making a cable that I would wire directly into the ALDL and then have a rj-45 socket on my dash to hook up the V2 rather than using the stock cable and pluging into the ALDL every time. Then I remembered reading that the licenses are stored on the cable. Is this true or is it stored in the V2? Does anyone know if I would be able to use my own cable to go from the V2 to the ALDL or not? I have already mapped out what pin on the rj-45 goes to what pin on the ALDL with a multi-meter but I would hate to waste my time making this up just to find out that it doesn't work because of the licenses.

Thanks

mr.prick
September 21st, 2008, 02:48 PM
"cable" = V1/V2

acrider2
September 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
thats kinda what i figured. especially after seeing that you can just buy a replacement cable so cheap. Just didn't want to waste to much of my time wiring in the socket. I have been searching all over here and DP and haven't found any post about somebody doing anything like this yet. I thought about putting in a second ALDL more out of the way but figured this would be just as easy if not easier.

Thanks