PDA

View Full Version : GM GEAR pid unable to validate,

alian
September 21st, 2008, 10:08 PM
:help2:Another silly question, I am having trouble validating gear pid when logging with the laptop. It wont support. I have it in my optifile and when BBLogging it works. What am I doing Wrong

joecar
September 22nd, 2008, 05:48 AM
Ian,

What year/model and what PCM/OS...?

alian
September 22nd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Ian,

What year/model and what PCM/OS...?

Hi Joe, Its a E38, OS 12607218,In a 06 Vz A4.
Cheers Ian

Blacky
September 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
:help2:Another silly question, I am having trouble validating gear pid when logging with the laptop. It wont support. I have it in my optifile and when BBLogging it works. What am I doing Wrong

BB Logging allows both trans and engine PIDs to be logged simultaneously.

The V7 PC based logging only allows engine OR trans PIDs (not both) to be logged simultaneously. (The V8 software, not released yet), will allow both.)

When using the V7 PC software, it may be that you are validating the gear PID when connected to the ECM and it may only be valid for the TCM.

Regards
Paul

alian
September 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
BB Logging allows both trans and engine PIDs to be logged simultaneously.

The V7 PC based logging only allows engine OR trans PIDs (not both) to be logged simultaneously. (The V8 software, not released yet), will allow both.)

When using the V7 PC software, it may be that you are validating the gear PID when connected to the ECM and it may only be valid for the TCM.

Regards
Paul

OK Thanks for that, So to validate the gear pid I need to connect to the TCM?. The only reason I was laptop logging is because I was monitoring SEMRET and I couldt get it to work when loaded into my optifile. I have fixed that problem now and am moving on so will be BBLogging again tomorrow. Thanks for that because I was waisting a lot of time going over and over trying to get it to work.
Cheers Ian