PDA

View Full Version : Need help with start up tune

Aint Skeered
September 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
My Nova project is getting close and I am starting to work on the start up tune for it. I am going to run speed density and most likely a cos 3 or 5. Not sure which will be the better for my set up.

this is a 11.73/1 347 ls1 , I will be using a 6.0 truck intake(78 mm tb) to start with . the heads are 5.3 heads milled to 54 cc chambers and ported to flow peak of 283 @.550 lift with nice mid lift numbers. Headers are going to be 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 fenderwell exit . I am not using o2 sensors on this set up either as it is a race car. doesnt need to have good gas milage to move around and load on a trailer.

the ecm is out of a 2001 6.0 truck. I am going to start with my timing curve out of my T/A as I run peak timing at 26 deg under WOT and I may add a splash of race fuel just to start it and make sure its safe.
The cam is a 239/243 .612/.612 lift 112 lsa on a 110 cl.
Dynamic Compression is at 8.5/1

What I need help with is getting a tune in it to make sure it will safely crank and break in. I can tune it in from there just dont want to do much guessing on the start up tune. Any help or tips would be great.

Aint Skeered
September 23rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
I guess i will figure it out

TFZ_Z06
September 23rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
I sent you a PM. Also, I will be testing the COS5 on Tue on the dyno, possibly the track if I like what I see. I have my car well tuned SD, so it will interesting to see how the TPS vs RPM helps. I like the fact that you get a steady RPM vs TPS ref for tuning w/COS5.

Hang in there, I'm sure someone who has used COS5 realtime SD will send you data.

Aint Skeered
September 24th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks, I sent you a pm back. I may have to reduce the ve table some since you have a bigger motor but it gives me some things to work off of.