PDA

View Full Version : Need Stock Tune for 2006 C6 Z06

E.A.
September 23rd, 2008, 03:36 AM
I am looking for the stock tune file for the following

2006 C6 Z06
E38
12614682 OS

The car came to me "already tuned" and I keep fighting odd issues, that I think are buried in the tune somewhere that I can't see. So I want to start from scratch.

Thanks in advance!
Erik

TSloper
September 23rd, 2008, 08:22 AM
Shoot me your e-mail. I just did a 2-bar SD tune this weekend on this OS.

** I just uploaded it.

Tim

E.A.
September 23rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks a million.

Curious, whats done to the one your doing the 2bar SD tune on?

TSloper
September 23rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
STS Turbo
6#
60 lb inj

E.A.
September 23rd, 2008, 09:09 AM
Sweet..... how did that work out? Power numbers?

This one just has a ProCharger and 60's....we will see what she does.

EA

TSloper
September 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
I actually purchased EFILive to do this particular car. I've been a long time HP Tuners user but that suite is severely lacking in support for dealing with the SD coefficients efficiently. Once I got EFILive configured the way I wanted the process was very easy. On a boosted E38 there is really no excuse for not using a 2-bar or 2.5-bar MAP sensor and a wideband.

It took about a day of driving and dyno tweaking to get it done. I don't remember the final torque number but the peak RWHP was right around 575. LTrims are excellent across the board.

Tim

joecar
September 23rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Tim, welcome... :cheers: ...good job... :cheers:

E.A.
September 24th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Well here is the story on the car I have.....

We did the install back in November, on 5psi of boost she made 592rwhp and all was well. Somewhere between then and now, it was tuned by another shop, and developed a "buck" at low speed cruising. (Customer stated, he wanted to get more "midrange" out of the car) I honestly think the only reason why it showed 30lbs lower on the other dyno is because we were on a Mustang Load dyno, and the other shop was a old dynojet, But oh well.

So, I agreed to take the car in and fix the issue. (Just being the nice guy, even though we didn't cause it) So within a couple hours of messing around, had the low speed bucking cured 100%.

Figured lets put her on the dyno and see where she is still at power wise. But halfway though a power pull, she spark knocked BAD! I couldn't believe my eyes, I lifted. After some head scratching I figured it had to be bad gas.

Drained the tank, put in fresh gas and tried again..... BAD spark knock. (So I lift instantly) After putting in a couple tunes with NO timing, and LOTS of fuel, the same issue still happened. (Audible spark knock)

Last night I said forget it, and put the car completely back to 100% stock. Stock injectors, Stock tune (thanks again), Stock everything......

Still Spark knocks bad bad bad....even N/A.

Only thing I can think of is if the crank sensor has moved on the crank shaft, and no its got incorrect timing? I have heard of this happening, just never have had one do it. I am gonna call a GM dealership in the area, and see if they have had any stock Z06's have this issue. We will see.

I am just glad to know that its not something in the tune.....
EA