PDA

View Full Version : Dtc c1002??

Chuck L.
September 23rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
2001 GMC Yukon. I have been looking for an explanation of this code.
I clear it, and a code for low EGR volts. Low EGR is cleared, but C1002 returns. [Using EFILIVE]
I've looked at MANY sites[googled it] to see what this is... All report "no definition".
Is this a code that shows, but is a "ghost"??:fluffy:
The EGR code tripped the DTC lite, and has not returned since I cleared it. A "fluke", or should I look further??

TIA,:cheers:

Chuck L.
September 24th, 2008, 02:48 AM
2001 GMC Yukon. I have been looking for an explanation of this code.
I clear it, and a code for low EGR volts. Low EGR is cleared, but C1002 returns. [Using EFILIVE]
I've looked at MANY sites[googled it] to see what this is... All report "no definition".
Is this a code that shows, but is a "ghost"??:fluffy:
The EGR code tripped the DTC lite, and has not returned since I cleared it. A "fluke", or should I look further??

TIA,:cheers:
Noone ever see this???:help2:

joecar
September 24th, 2008, 03:03 AM
I searched C1002 in GM SI and could not find it...!?!

Chuck L.
September 25th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I searched C1002 in GM SI and could not find it...!?!

Joe. I guess it's just 1 of those "mystery codes".:hihi:

UPDATE!!

NOPE! The mystery is why I can't read and type at the same time!
I have "CSS", I guess!
The correct code I'm looking at is: C1004, NOT 1002!:doh2
I rescanned the vehicle this Am, and now I've got 3 more codes! 3 that I can't clear..:yucky:
1. The P0405 clears, and then comes back after some drive time, and engine restarts. I have a definition for it. The EGR circuit has a voltage problem. Could this be a bad valve?
2. The infamous C1002, that's REALLY C1004 has "no definition" shown, in any listings I can find. Repeated DTC clearing does not clear this code. A battery disconnect won't, either.
3. C1009.. No definition found. Won't clear, w/ either method.
4. U1301. Class 2 comm shorted to battery. Won't clear, w/either method.

I've gone over all the electrical plugs I worked with when I cleaned the injs, changed spark plugs, replaced the FPR, cleaned the battery box.
I've checked alt output, and battery condition.. All OK.
The vehicle runs fine, other than the extended crank time, that I found to be the fuel pump losing prime. [Customer chose not to spend the $ for a new pump assy.]

I need some guidance in finding out what's going on....
I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting these codes. If there's "no definition" for them, where are they coming from?
Could it be my scanner???
This is a 100% stock vehicle, that's never been messed with...:help:

Chuck L.
September 28th, 2008, 01:57 AM
TTT...:help2:

joecar
September 28th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Hmmm... I would maybe suspect a possible grounding problem.