PDA

View Full Version : EFI LIVE... Where is my registration key????

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 07:17 AM
Where do I get it? I cannot make changes to my pcm. Did I ever have a key code?

Dirk Diggler
September 3rd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Your post is very unclear. What are you trying to do

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 07:43 AM
I tried to make a change to my pcm but it says I have to register my software. It want me to register a "key" code along with the serial #. I do not have a key code. What do I do?

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 07:44 AM
I am retarded and completely fustrated. I found it. But I still can't figure out this 3 bar thing.

Blacky
September 3rd, 2005, 09:34 AM
Where do I get it? I cannot make changes to my pcm. Did I ever have a key code?

I presume you attempted to reflash the PCM and EFILive said "PCM is not licensed" or something similar. There will be a [License PCM] button in the window. If you click on it the PCM will be licensed to your FlashScan cable.

Your FlashScan cable probably has 2 PCM licenses, when you click on that [License PCM] button, one of them will be locked to the PCM.

You can see how many licenses you have and how many are used/available using the menu option Help->FlashScan PCM licensing (with your cable connected to the PC/laptop).

Regards
Paul

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
I got that to work, but now I have no spark or fuel pulse? I give up!

Blacky
September 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
I got that to work, but now I have no spark or fuel pulse? I give up!

Have you reflashed your PCM yet?
What steps did you take?

Paul

nitrorocket
September 3rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
I reflashed it. It is a 2000 pcm. The only thing I have really done is marke the vtd signal to none. The computer is setup for stock, but I have a 3 bar twin turbo setup with 96lb injectors and a acceleronics driver. And I resclaed injection fuelIt should atleast have spark and injector pulse though, right?

MN C5
September 4th, 2005, 11:00 AM
I reflashed it. It is a 2000 pcm. The only thing I have really done is marke the vtd signal to none. The computer is setup for stock, but I have a 3 bar twin turbo setup with 96lb injectors and a acceleronics driver. And I resclaed injection fuelIt should atleast have spark and injector pulse though, right?

Do you have a wide band to tune with? I'd pull your waste gate springs until you figure out how to tune (read Zero Boost). Or at least get to know the basics of tuning with the factory PCM before you start down the road to tuning a boosted car. If your going to make enough power to utilize your 96lb injectors you should spend $$ having someone help out with the tuning.

Based on your questions you shouldn't be tuning your car IMHO for best results anyway.

nitrorocket
September 4th, 2005, 11:32 AM
I had Accel Gen 7 for 2 years. Tuned it like a breeze. This Efilive is SUPER complicated. Yes I have a wideband but am now broke. My problem is that the crank position sensor is not getting power through the green wire. I think it is something that is locked or an incorrect setting. The pcm ran fine in the camaro I yanked it out of and was tuned by speed inc when it was all motor.