PDA

View Full Version : V2 Black Box data logging*vortec pid's*

GAMEOVER
September 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
When I want to do some data logging with my V2 and no laptop I don't see Vortec listed in the PID list. Is Vortec not available? Do I need to add a Vortec file in the config files on the EFI explorer? I'm stuck......

GAMEOVER
September 29th, 2008, 12:00 PM
No-one :(

joecar
September 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I pm'd Paul.

Blacky
September 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
You can just create a new entry in the Options.ini file and set up your own PIDs for the vortec.

Until I create a Vortec.pmm file, you shoul dbe able to use the LS1B.pmm file.

That will mean some PIDs may or may not be supported - you'll need to do a validate PIDs on the laptop based scan tool to know which PIDs are valid for the Vortec.

Regards
Paul

GAMEOVER
October 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Ok, 16 of the 18 Pids are showing that they are valid. The unlucky one's are...EOPS & AFR :(

GAMEOVER
October 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
YES, I finally got it to work :) I'm a data logging "SOB" now. WooHoo!!! Thanks alot Blacky-(Paul)

JB

Treurentner
October 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Hi,

can you post your ini file to see what pids are working (I have a S15 SLT -4.3 Vortec)? I would be happy if I can use BBL on that car too:cucumber:
Many thanks in advance!

Marco

joecar
October 4th, 2008, 04:39 AM
GAMEOVER, did you get AFR to BBLog...?

GAMEOVER
October 4th, 2008, 06:36 AM
No Joe, That's one of the pids that won't work. When I data log using my V2 & laptop It will work but I've got to use the AFR PID from the LS2 B. So in the meantime(while I data log laptopless) I'm using my LC-1 for my AFR but it's been acting real erratic lately :( don't know what's going on with it!!!

JB

Blacky
October 4th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I'm using my LC-1 for my AFR but it's been acting real erratic lately :( don't know what's going on with it!!!
JB

Are you using the serial/digital AFR signal or the analog AFR signal from the LC-1?

Regards
Paul

GAMEOVER
October 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I'm using the serial/digital AFR signal....

GAMEOVER
October 4th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Hi,

can you post your ini file to see what pids are working (I have a S15 SLT -4.3 Vortec)? I would be happy if I can use BBL on that car too:cucumber:
Many thanks in advance!

Marco
I'll try to post them up, If I can't, what's your e-mail address? I'll send them there...The files are in my laptop:grin: I rarely hook it up to the internet...

Treurentner
October 6th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Hi,
my email is marco.babatschew@versanet.de
Many thanks!:cheers:
Marco

JerryLMO
October 6th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I purchased EFI V2 last August and I've been able to data log with my laptop but I would like to use the handheld EFI V2. Even after reading the documentation that comes with EFI and your thread several times I've been unable to get pid's to download or figure out how to get LS1B.pmm loaded into the handheld scanner.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My vehicle is a '01 Chevy Blazer 4.3L V6 with a Powerdyne and a few other mods. I'm thinking some basic tuning will make it a little more fun to drive.

Thanks

Blacky
October 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I know this is not obvious, but have you read the document called:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8.1->Documents->Upgrading FlashScan.
Look at the last few pages which contain a brief overview of the process you need to follow.
Also read the \Program files\EFILive\V8.1\Documents\PID Descriptions\readme.txt file.

And just to complicate things the Options.ini file is not in the folder: \Program files\EFILive\V8.1\Config as it should be, it is instead in the folder: \Program files\EFILive\V8.1\Programs.

A graphical user interface (GUI) is being developed (and is almost comoplete) that will allow you to just select PIDs and configure FlashScan directly from within the EFILive software. The process you need to go through now is only temporary until that software is ready.

Regards
Paul

JerryLMO
October 7th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I'm still in the early learning phases of the EFI Live world and I apologize for my ignorance. I wasn't sure if the V8.1 had information that would apply to the V7.5 so I hadn't looked at it yet.

With the info you've provided I believe I can get the data logging working.

Thanks for your time.

joecar
October 7th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I'm still in the early learning phases of the EFI Live world and I apologize for my ignorance. I wasn't sure if the V8.1 had information that would apply to the V7.5 so I hadn't looked at it yet.

With the info you've provided I believe I can get the data logging working.

Thanks for your time.Jerry,

Read the readme.txt several times thru before you start updating the V2 bootblock/firmware.
(http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8085&page=4)