PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor question when Setting VVE

alian
September 28th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Hey this may be a strange question,but when you turn off the O2 sensors to do the vve or maff cal is there still power running to them and the signal not given or is the power actualy removed from them. If so doesnt this place the sensors at risk of being burnt out. The reason I ask is on the weekend I was playing tying to set up the maff after changing the air intake and after i finished I got a couple of error codes relating to the O2. I have had the off 4 a week or so when doing the VVE previosly.
Thanks Ian

4wheelin
October 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I can't imagine the power is taken away, they get power from the efi relay with ignition on by my understanding. The signal still would still go in it's just being ignored until the correct parameters are present, if you make it so the parameter are never met the signal is always ignored.

Joel

TAQuickness
October 4th, 2008, 01:17 AM
I've not used the Gen4 PCM's, but on the Gen3's the O2 sensors and wiring is still active even when "off". Essentially you are commanding the PCM to ignore any signals from the O2 sensors. Because of this, I use my BxS2 heater circuits to drive a relay that controls my WB's

GMPX
October 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
They are still powered, the ECM just ignores the signal coming from them.
Holdens are very sensitive to throw rear O2 sensor codes with any mods done.

Cheers,
Ross

alian
October 5th, 2008, 11:40 PM
They are still powered, the ECM just ignores the signal coming from them.
Holdens are very sensitive to throw rear O2 sensor codes with any mods done.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Guys, Was just a little curious.
Ian