PDA

View Full Version : reuseable license

kopp921
October 1st, 2008, 02:45 AM
Would it be possible to have a reusable license. Kind of like what a programmer (superchips). Where I can load it into a customers truck to "try it out" then if the customer is not happy, I can pull it and use it on another truck. I have a lot of skeptics around here. I could sell alot more licenses if I could show the customers (in their vehicles) the difference, mileage and power.

8100 Power
October 1st, 2008, 04:51 AM
Would it be possible to have a reusable license. Kind of like what a programmer (superchips). Where I can load it into a customers truck to "try it out" then if the customer is not happy, I can pull it and use it on another truck. I have a lot of skeptics around here. I could sell alot more licenses if I could show the customers (in their vehicles) the difference, mileage and power.

It would be nice..

They told me that each license is "married" to the ECM. Therefore can only be used on that ECM..

ChipsByAl
October 1st, 2008, 08:33 AM
If you owned some spare PCM's you could install your software in one of them and let them demo your work. If the customer wants to drive it for a while you could charge him a deposit of some type that could be applied to his bill. If he is not satisfied, swap the PCM back. I would strongly think about locking it so you don't just used for information.
Al

kopp921
October 1st, 2008, 09:04 AM
chips,
Good point. So now how many pcm's. 1 - lb7, 1-lly, 1-lbz, 1-lmm, 1-5.3l, 1-6.0l......any more?

8100 Power
October 1st, 2008, 09:45 AM
That is a good idea..

Same thing he is asking. You would have to have one for each vehicle for loaners, which that could get costly.