PDA

View Full Version : Failed Emissions - 2004

Johnnydangerously
October 3rd, 2008, 05:33 AM
Car is a 2004 Z06 with twin turbos, cam, 60lb injectors, no cats, and an SD tune, the maf is not hooked up.

The car failed emissions for the following:
OBD Monitor Readiness Status
- Catalyst: Not Ready
- Evaporative System: Not Ready
- Secondary Air Systemt: Not Ready
- Oxygen Sensor: Not Ready
- Oxygen Sensor Heater: Not Ready

I was told to go to [C6001] Engine DTC Processing Enablers and set all parameters to a "X-Not Reported" .. I did that and the car would not idle, just stalled.. :shock:

I was wondering which parameters I could single out to pass the emissions test.. Also, before I go back and spend $40 for the inspection, can I run the EFI live emissions test to find out if Ill pass the states?

Thanks.

SSpdDmon
October 3rd, 2008, 06:51 AM
If you have to hook up to a sniffer, you don't honestly think you'll pass emissions without cats, do you? Who told you such lies???

Johnnydangerously
October 3rd, 2008, 06:53 AM
If you have to hook up to a sniffer, you don't honestly think you'll pass emissions without cats, do you? Who told you such lies???

Car DOES NOT get hooked up to a sniffer.. All they do is hookup to the ECU and check the readiness and DTCs..

SSpdDmon
October 3rd, 2008, 07:43 AM
Car DOES NOT get hooked up to a sniffer.. All they do is hookup to the ECU and check the readiness and DTCs..
hmmmmm

joecar
October 3rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Where are you...?

Johnnydangerously
October 3rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
Where are you...?

Hey Joe, Im located in NY... Ive been doing some research on the reason I failed and here is what I found.. Test (http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f55/catalyst-readiness-test-question-111538/) so it looks like I have to set my MILs back to stock (if they aren't already).. setting all the enablers to not reported with the MIL's on should do the trick but for some reason my car wouldn't idle with everything set to not reported.. :sly:

Been driving for a few days in hopes of getting the readiness tests to complete, but can't seem to get the catalyst readiness test to show complete.

RS,

Thank you for the input, but I figured out my error. I inadvertently set the codes listed below to "3 - No error reported" and unchecked the SES light.

P0420 - Catalyst System Low Efficiency Bank 1
P0430 - Catalyst System Low Efficiency Bank 2

I recall somewhere, someone had said not to un-check the SES light. I looked over my tune and realized I had unchecked the SES light on theabove DTCs. Once I re-enabled the SES light, the Catalyst readiness test immediately showed as Complete...

So, in summary, if you have Longtubes and removed the rear 02 sensors, set Error Mode to "3-No error reported" and leave the SES enabled on the DTC codes I listed in my original post and the Catalyst readiness test will show complete.. Hope this helps somebody in the future.

Thanks again for all the advice..

joecar
October 3rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
PM sent.

Johnnydangerously
October 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
PM sent.

Thanks Joe..